PetSmart Professional Bather Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 5, 2017

2.0

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (Orange, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews and an in person interview. Also a drug test. It took some time for them to get back with me, so I would suggest following up roughly one week after submitting an application online. No in-person applications with a huge company like petsmart.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working in a fast-paced environment? What if it is loud or dirty?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for PetSmart

Professional Bather Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

I was referred by a friend who worked there. I submitted an online application and was called the next day for an interview. I went in later that day for an interview with the store manager and was asked alot of basic interview questions and scenarios and was also asked to sell him a product. This interview lasted about 45 minutes. Once I was done I was asked to wait for 30 minutes to interview with the store assistant manager. I walked around the store to get familiar with some products. I was called to come back to do my 2nd interview. The questions were the same exact ones I was asked earlier in my 1st. So I just repeated my answers. This interview lasted about only 10 mins. They both then asked me to come back in 2 days to interview with the lead groomer to see if she liked me. So I adreed. Came back 2 days later and the questions were the same questions again. Repeated my answers and she just said "Okay great, thanks for coming in". This interview was about 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They told me max pay for bather was $10.50 so I couldn't really negotiate anything.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (Houston, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I had 3 interviews and each one was like any standard interview. They were full of promises to get me in the company and none have been delivered. I was promised a certain amount of hours and 3 raises.

Professional Bather Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart in September 2015.

Interview

I received a call inviting me to an interview about three days after I applied. The manager read the questions off of a sheet of paper. We scheduled the next interview for the following day. The second interview was more like a conversation; we talked about my pets, work experience, etc. A few days later they called and asked me to take a drug test; I was offered the job as soon as the results came back.

Interview Questions

• Why Petsmart?   1 Answer
    • If someone asked you a question that you did not know the answer to, how would you go about finding the answer?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you went out of your way to help someone.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work as a part of a team.   Answer Question
    • Have you ever disagreed with an authority figure or a company policy?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bak, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Bak, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

It was awesome. I received a call back from the salon manager and was asked to come in two days later for an interview. She asked me some really great questions that made me want to work there immediately. She then told me that the store manager makes final decisions and she would need to interview me as well. She asked if I had a few minutes to give her to see if she could do it right then because she knew she wanted to hire me. I did, and so the rest is history...

Interview Questions

• What's my weakness when it comes to work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (Virginia Beach, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and didn't hear anything for several weeks. I finally received a phone call mid-day inviting me to a group interview. I arrived early and there were 3 other girls who were invited to the group interview as well (there was to be 4 other but one did not show). The manager accidentally told us to come too early (by 30 mins), but was very apologetic and rushed to accommodate us. The questions were basic, it was a good experience, although a bit nerve-wrecking for someone with public speaking fears! The manager is very nice and I can tell the staff is very passionate about animals.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied to two different PetSmart locations and got an interview at both. I waited a week before calling one location at which led me to an interview about 2 days later. The second location I applied to called me about 2 weeks after I applied to them. At the first location, I went through 2 interviews, one with the store manager and the other with the salon manager. Both asked very simple questions and once offered the job I was told to go get a drug test and that was it.

At the second location I got interviewed once by the salon manager and it was a group style interview, the 1st location was 1:1.They liked me at the other location but went with the candidate that already had experience but wanted to keep me in contact in case they had any future openings. Overall it was a calm and simple interview.

Interview Questions

• What made you want to work in our grooming salon?   1 Answer

Professional Bather Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart in April 2015.

Interview

(California)
    I applied online. Didn't get a call in months so I called to ask if they received my application. Luckily, the hiring manager answered the phone and told me there was an open spot for a bather if I was interested to be interviewed for it! ( call them ! It always looks great that you care enough to try contacting them) also,
    Not a lot of people realize this but the online questionaire in the application process means a lot ! They actually look if you did well..
    I was interviewed by the salon and store managers. It was my first job so I was a bit nervous but let my excitement shine through. I shook their hands and couldn't stop smiling
    I got hired on the spot
    They mostly wanted someone who had a passion to work with animals. Someone who is excited to be part of the team and eager to learn
    They didn't want someone who just needed a job and settled on petsmart
    They wanted someone who'd LOVE to work there :)

I love my job
    The environment is great- people are so supportive and kind
    You feel apart of something special
    Customers can be rude and dogs can be wiggly but overall it's a great place to be !

Interview Questions

• What do you think being a bather means? What do you think the job entails you to do?   1 Answer
    • Do loud noises and lots of commotion bother you?   Answer Question
    • Would you like to become a groomer one day? Are you staying for a short term or a long term?   1 Answer

Professional Bather Interview

Interview

It was very easy i was in for about an hour talking. Questions are basic run of the mill questions. The application took the most time it was annoying.

Professional Bather Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at PetSmart in October 2014.

Interview

Easy one on one interview. However most of the questions were about up selling products which was confusing because the job I was applying for had no contact with the public.

Interview Questions

• Sell me an expensive brand of dog food compared to a cheaper one.   Answer Question