PetSmart Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PetSmart Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at PetSmart

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quakertown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (Quakertown, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

I submitted resume online and filled out questions on work ethics, I was called in for an interview with a lead sales associate, I then waited for a call to interview with manager.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PetSmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Park, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Lake Park, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a call in a couple pf days. I did my phone interview and was asked to come over to do a follow up in person interview. There I got the common questions "why do you want to work with us?", "do you have any pets?", and then a quick role-play of how I would help a costumer as well as my past experience. The interview was really short, not even 10 minutes. They said they would call back, but never really did.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Springs, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (Coral Springs, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied for this internship online and later had an in-person interview. The interviewer read generic questions off of the printed sheet. The questions were pretty similar to the online application, with a few added questions. It was overall pretty generic. The process wasn't difficult but dragged out for a long time.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PetSmart in August 2018.

Interview

Applied and was immediately called in for an interview. The store manager conducted the interview and then offered me a job on the spot. It did seem like he was looking for someone to hire immediately so there wasn't too much pressure.

Interview Questions

• How will your previous job experience help you in this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Gaithersburg, MD) in September 2018.

Interview

I was called to schedule an interview, set a time, and was told that the position I applied for wasn't open. I agreed to interview for other positions. Came in and was greeted by the registers and taken to the break room where we went over a few basic "get to know you" questions and availability. In the end, I interviewed for three different positions in that one appointment. It was a relaxed, friendly environment. I was told I'd hear back by the end of the week. I never heard back.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the future?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Desert, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Palm Desert, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

The interview was efficient and comfortable. One-on-one with the manager in a back room. The manager was very honest with me about the number of applicants and the chances of being offered a job. This was the best interview I’ve had so far as a recent high school graduate.

Anonymous Employee in Waldorf, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Waldorf, MD) in December 2015.

Interview

Very calm process the company managers are very friendly this is definitely a company that I would recommend working for if you love working with the general public and being able to encounter different types of pets on a daily basis you never know what you're going to get in no day is the same as the day before

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroeville, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (Monroeville, PA).

Interview

Quick and easy. Gave me a tour of the store and asked which areas I'd be interested in working in. Seemed a little in- depth to be an interview for a simple hourly position, but overall it wasn't bad.

Interview Questions

• They ask normal interview questions (ex. "why did you apply here", "what are your best qualities", "what would you say are your negatives", etc.)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (New York, NY) in July 2018.

Interview

In the interview was like any other interview but more fruitful. If u care a lot about animals it will be easy for you. It was a calm interview with little pressure. The staff there are extremely nice people. They take good care of their animals so they are trying to find people who would do the same.

Interview Questions

• Why do u want to work for Petland?
      And typically questions like that.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroeville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PetSmart (Monroeville, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

I came in and talked to the store manager after having to wait briefly. He gave me a tour of the store and explained their open positions. He was a cool guy, but my schedule just didn't work out. I was looking for a side gig, and the only position that would give me valuable hours was the animal caretaker. I am not a fan of snakes so I had to decline. He did offer me a cashier position on the spot, but the only hours that I would have been able to work wouldn't have been worth my time. Not that it mattered for me but he did mention that you have to pass a drug test to become a cashier.