PetSmart Salon Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PetSmart Salon Manager Interview Questions

2.7

Salon Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Worked as a regular grooming associate first. Was interviewed by store manager. Two days later was interviewed by district manager.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about following policies and procedures even when you don't agree with them.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for PetSmart

Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Buford, GA) in June 2007.

Interview

This was an interview for a promotion. The interview process begins with a phone interview, where very few questions are asked and a 1:1 interview is scheduled. The 1:1 interview covers customer service skills, bookkeeping/paperwork skills, and focuses on people management. The interview also includes a "roleplaying" element, where the interviewee is asked to "sell" a random product to the interviewer. People management skills are very important in this company, and it is a great selling point on the interviewee's skills if he or she can clearly show that they have forward-thinking and healthy practices in addressing improvement opportunities and recognizing exemplary behavior in his or her associates.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the area in which you could improve the most?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you disagreed with an employer's policies or procedures.   1 Answer

Negotiation

This position is commission-based, so there was no negotiating involved. When interviewing for a non-commission-based position, keep in mind that this company has corporate-enforced "pay-bands", and specific positions have a minimum and maximum pay rate.

Salon Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Interviewed at a local petsmart for a job at another petsmart in another state.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There really wasn't one.