PetSmart Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PetSmart Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 1, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at PetSmart (New York, NY).

Interview

First conversation is with recruiter/HR manager. Interview is with a district/regional manager, then another conversation with a current store manager. Questions are all situational and it's very casual. Expect questions about your experience and your leadership style.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PetSmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (New York, NY).

Interview

Met with manager of a store, as well as district manager after that initial interview. Just sitting in an office talking about the pet industry. Phone contact was a bit hard to establish and very informal aside from the standardized questions.

Interview Questions

• If you had an employee that refused to do tasks assigned to them how would you deal with that situation?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PetSmart (Newark, DE).

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call to schedule an interview a couple weeks later. I was more than qualified for this position and the interview I felt went extremely well. I really wanted this job and was very excited. I was told that I would receive a call for another second interview. After a week with no call I called the first interviewer and they said, that the second interviewer was busy and they would get back to me the next week. After the next week still no call so I called back and they said that they did not know why I was not contacted yet because I was a top pick for the position. The interviewer said that they would call/email to see what was going on. I really did not want to call a third time, but I really wanted this job. I believe two more weeks passed before I called again. And nothing.
    I really feel that if someone does not meet the criteria for the position or that the company didn't want to hire them, that the company should follow up with the person to let them know. I was very disappointed with the way I was treated. When I talked to the interviewer the last time, they said that they interviewed a few other people and no one heard anything back. They said that they were very upset that they were not contacting anyone that was recommended.
    In this day of age when good help is hard to find you think that petsmart would value qualified job applicants.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience?
      What type of pets are you experienced with?
      What is the most difficult part of your current job?
      Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

phone interview - district manager - regional manager - not too hard - had to travel to them - last interview was a formality. Just beware of what they tell you.

Anonymous Employee in Toms River, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PetSmart (Toms River, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

The process consisted of 2 existing store manager interviews and an interview with the district manager. Though I initially applied for a Store Manager job, I was offered at the last second an Assistant Store Manager position. It left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth that I feel I was mislead but the ASM was still an improvement over my current situation.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about previous experiences and "What would you do if..." situations.   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart in July 2015.

Interview

Internal Promotion - Interviewed with District Manager, Outside District Manager, and Talent Director for the Region. Took 2 weeks and all phone interviews. Found out 3 days after final interveiw of result.

Interview Questions

• How do you take direction for your own growth and developement   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Started with a recruitment phone call and took about 4 months. The calls were easy and definitely not challenging, they used typical situational questions which are getting very old. I say this because any intelligent person can come up with a scenario quickly on what they're looking for.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a dog lost it's life in your store?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Petsmart is looking for experience and a passion for pets. The first part is typical "why petsmart" type questions, and it is clear from leadership that animals should be a passion. This is also a positive because that means re team is filled associates that have the same views. All questions were situational. Tell me about a time you did this.... There were a lot, and many you could speak of the same scenario, however that felt like a trap.

4 interviews total over a few weeks. All with different field level managers. Nice experience, each went out of their way to make me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Biggest weakness, how it would prevent you from succeeding in this position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

First offer was sufficient, no negotiation needed.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PetSmart in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received phone call from DM to schedule interview. Met with DM , conversation went well, asked standard behavioral questions. Asked if I was interested in another location then I had applied for. That location was considerably out of area I was interested in.

Interview Questions

• Would I be interested in other area?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (Brea, CA).

Interview

Basic hiring process. You will conduct at least two interviews. For this position you should expect to interview with the District Manager and possibly the HR representative for the area.

Interview Questions

• If you are used to interviewing for this type of position I would be surprised if any question comes as a surprise.   Answer Question

Negotiation

This was done over the phone and I was given and offer and discussed my position. After a short conversation I accepted the position.