Petco Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Petco (San Diego, CA).

Interview

It was OK. Actually quite easy and took about 3 weeks before I was called and offered the position. The interview process took approximately 2 weeks as there were several different interviews.

Interview Questions

• They asked how comfortable I am with excel but didn't ask any details or to provide any answers which I was shocked by.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Petco

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Petco (San Diego, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

I was contacted and had a phone interview with the talent acquisition specialist which went very well. (Very relaxed, very pleasant to talk to, and very professional. Overall a great conversation.)

I was then contacted by the hiring manager for a 30 minute phone interview which went well (a little dry, not very pleasant).

From there I received an e-mail (actually four separate e-mails) from a different talent acquisition specialist and was asked to complete the following:

a) a written application request which needed to be faxed back within 48hrs (which requires a Social Security Number)
    b) a behavioral exam which needed to be completed within 48hrs.
    c) a username for a separate online program that required you to request 7-25 recommendations from other people. They need to reply within 4 days, you need to assess yourself, and most of my professional references indicated the questions to be extensive. The program states you will receive a report showing what the results are, however, if I recall correctly you have to pay for it.

*Note - I received this request on the Friday before a three day Holiday weekend. Personally, I feel it was unreasonable to ask an applicant to complete this process within 48hrs. Given the national Holiday weekend it was tough to ask your references to complete the request quickly.

I was given a time and date for the interview, along with a map and written instructions on how to get there which was helpful. I received confirmation I would be meet two people, one in the first hour, the second would enter for thirty minutes after that.

The first discussion was professional but very dry. The hiring manager made every indication that the meeting was over and had body language that suggested I should follow. I started following him/her to the door. While walking out the door I met his/her manager, and WAS NOT INTRODUCED verbally but instead the Sr. Manager told me to "STAY". I must admit my surprise- it is the first meeting I've ever been to where a manager did not introduce their direct manager by name when they walk into a room during an interview. The exchange was rough to say the least.

Overall the interview conversation could have been more professional on their part with even a simple introduction to the second party joining the room, conversation was very dry, and lacked a friendly atmosphere from the start and throughout. There was no small talk to make a guest feel comfortable and/or welcome. I would normally not mention this, however, in the call I asked the hiring manager what the environment was like, and was told it was much more relaxed and personable than many of the other places he/she had experienced. (The website also mentioned dogs and pets were welcome in the office which painted a very friendly environment in my mind.) I also noticed the receptionist was unfriendly and did not return a smile when I smiled and said "hello" and "goodbye". In retrospect, this was probably a great indication as to the environment and what was to come next.

In summary, I felt the process could have been more professional, more welcoming, took way to much effort upfront (from myself, AND my professional references), and the location lacked a friendly environment to pursue a career in. I also do not like being asked for my social security number prior to being offered a position. I understand background checks are needed, however, I believe that can be conditional to employment when the offer is extended. I would have had to overcome serious doubts before accepting the opportunity given that environment. Luckily I was not put in that position as the company did not extend an offer.

I hope my experience was just due to the individuals I was meeting with (as the first talent specialist was VERY friendly). Unfortunately given the rank of the managers and the unhappy receptionist, the unwelcoming environment in that building may have been created from the top down.

There are several buildings to interview in, so you may have a better experience than I did.

I hope this helps and Good Luck!

Interview Questions

• How would you direct someone else on how to cook an omelet.   21 Answers