Petco Aquatics Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Petco Aquatics Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Petco

2.0

Aquatics Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Petco in October 2015.

Interview

General Interview Questions
Questions about aquarium basics and sales of pet products on the floor
Interview was in person and personal
The interview process made sure you had good customer service and a passion for animals.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Petco

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Petco (Harrisburg, PA).

Interview

Simple interview. Relaxed mood. I called in and expressed interest. I was referred to the online application process. That was simple. I was called in to schedule an interview and a few days later had my first day on the job.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Petco (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Sat down with the store manager and had a conversational interview. We started by talking about what kinds of pets I had at home, and grew the interaction from there.

Interview Questions

• Since you will have to assist in other areas, do you have any experiences with birds or small animals?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Southaven, MS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Petco (Southaven, MS) in July 2012.

Interview

Asked questions by the assistant manager. Was asked to pick an item in the store and sell it to him. Very laid back. No stress. Friendly. Online applications with personality screen.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Petco (Santa Clarita, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Online submission, phone vetting, in-person interview. Took a week for everything, and received a call the next day after submission due to the opening. Around 11-15/hr compensation, though expect the lower end.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to change things?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Petco (Fort Worth, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

very relaxed not very in depth, asked mostly about experiences and retail not much about fish or aquarium knowledge. seemed like they were just trying to fill a spot

Anonymous Employee in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Petco (Wilkes-Barre, PA).

Interview

The interview was very brief and quick, and they were very understaffed at the time so I was hired on the spot essentially. Not many questions were asked overall, mostly the details of the job were described to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Petco (San Antonio, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied was called in around four days or so. Went in for a interview the following day. Horrible experience didn't even ask questions about the job or nothing related at all. Just basically asked what are my hobbies. The interview was not objective at all. And kept asking if I had any questions. And just let me go like that. Felt discriminated. I got a better job in a better environment, higher pay, and basically a dream job. I feel I am overqualified for this job anyways. Just had to put this out there.

Anonymous Employee in League City, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Petco (League City, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Very brief, talked with store manager, he contacted their HR, I heard back within 2 days with an offer. They offered me more than my asking price based on my experience. My concern is that the asking price I wanted was for a living wage for 40 hours a week however thy only offer 32-38 hrs a week so Im still falling short. It was a very informal interview with the manager, he even left once or twice to work the register which was annoying but i guess they were short staffed.

Interview Questions

• What is my experience with any/all animals in store? How do you handle irate customers? Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Petco (Sarasota, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed in the front office. I was asked a couple of easy questions, and I received an offer on the spot. It was a very low pressure interview.