Petco Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.1

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Store Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Interview

Was contacted through another site to apply for the position. Spoke with a recruiter over the phone and had a great conversation. A couple days later DM called me and left a message about an interview. Left 2 messages and was finally called back. Tried to set up a time and the DM said he would get back to me. A week later i had not heard back. Sent recuiter message and heard nothing back.

Dog Groomer Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Employee in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Petco (Skokie, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

It very in depth about team work and customer service experience. They also asked about your strengths and weaknesses and built upon the individual strengths. I felt the questions that were asked were very useful

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Charles, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Petco (Saint Charles, IL).

Interview

Called me to place the interview. Went in for an interview. asked me lots of questions about animal care and customer service. Everyone was very nice at the interview and so I thought the position would be nice as well. This company I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. They don't care about the animal's. This company is about money, not people.

Groomer Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kenosha, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Petco (Kenosha, WI) in June 2016.

Interview

Awkward, Weird, Confusing, Easy, In-and out. Will Hire Anyone.Lies to you. Makes everything rainbows and butterflies. Pretends to be your friend at first.After 3 months, life is hell.No drug testing.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay making minimum wage, standing on your feet for 8 hours and getting screamed in the face by unhappy customers?   Answer Question

Grooming Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wheaton, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Petco (Wheaton, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

I met with the store manager and salon manager where they asked me detailed questions. They asked what experience I had, what I would do in hypothetical situations, and so on.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work in this position?   1 Answer

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Petco (Joliet, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

I went in and sat down with the manager of the building. From there he went over the start time, holidays, workload I could expect, and general procedures on safety

Interview Questions

• Can you handle this shift starting at 4 a.m.?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Petco (Aurora, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

THe interview itself wasn't terrible. The questions were not too difficult or out of the ordinary. But the communication after the interview process was abysmal. It was hard to understand what they were looking for.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Lawn, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Petco (Oak Lawn, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

The manager was very laid back. He asked my questions about school and was very interested in my life. I have previous retail experience so he briefly skimmed over retail skills.

Customer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Petco (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The initial application process was lengthy. I was contacted by the phone shortly after to come in for an interview. The interview itself was fairly easy; I was asked about my experience with animals and customer service. After I was hired, the training process was quite lengthy. Many hours were spent in front of a barely working computer watching employee training videos. My on the job training was not as long and involved shadowing other employees for a day or two.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They told me what I would start at, and mentioned that there was room for small raises after I was employed for a certain amount of time.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Homewood, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Petco (Homewood, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

Initially it started off great. I'm a very frequent customer at Petco and have a huge love for animals. The customers always think I work there and ask me questions and I help them, even the employees recommended that I work there And even had the manager who's in charge of hiring talk to me to get me a job. I waited about a week or so before I got a call saying to come in during one of the open interviews held only one day a week for an hr. When I got there there wasn't anyone there and no one knew what I was talking about so I waited for about 20 minutes before someone led me to the back along with 2 other people to get interviewed. In the interview easy questions were asked and I did great and was told I would be a perfect fit because I was knowledgeable and could work any time. The interview took about 25 minutes for all 3 of us.

I waited for a few days and never received a call. I decided to go back up there after weeks had gone by and ask when would I be expecting a call and they told me if I didn't get a call by now then they didn't want me and didn't need a lot of people, only on call people. Based off of the store hours and my schedule I could've easily been hired but they didn't want to work with a college student As I was told. The associate was rude about why I wasn't hired and that it's not that hard to work full time and go to school full time. I was more than qualified to work there and most of the people that work there have flexible hours so I was thrown off on why they didn't tell me beforehand that....it turns out they have no sympathy or flexibility with newbies who are in college but the people who've been there can do whatever they want, which I find unfair. The hours that they wanted could have been easily fulfilled with my schedule but when they tried to change up what they "wanted", working day to night, and making excuses because I said I could work right after school, arriving no later than 11 am- 12p.m until closing at 9 p.m., Monday through Friday and on weekends I realized that Petco wasn't the place for me.

Interview Questions

• Sell this product. What is your experience? Why would you be a good fit? Are you comfortable working with animals? Cleaning up? What is your availability?   Answer Question