Petco Dog and Cat Department Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Petco Dog and Cat Department Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Petco

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Petco (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2016.

Interview

Not too long I had two interviews one was more of a meet and greet,
the other was more of a sit down meeting. The general manager was really nice. The interview was quite short.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Petco

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Petco (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

Horrible Management lack of interviewer skills. Train your store managers better, and don't put people who is not know what there doing in these roles. Didn't know how to operate a store, poor company with a big turn around rate.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience in these field? What is your available like?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Charles, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Petco (Saint Charles, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

It was very easy. They are looking for reliable people who aren't afraid to get their hands dirty. No matter what your position on the sales floor, you will be a jack of all trades so there is a lot to learn.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer wanted to buy a ferret without a habitat?

Out of all other pet stores out there, why Petco?

What would your last employer say about you?   Answer Question
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Petco (San Diego, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

One on one with manager after a phone interview. Spent 10 minutes answering questions and was hired on the spot. The most difficult part was the online assessment which took forever and the application process was. Instead of being able to use my resume, I had to type in all education and prior work. There should be a faster, easier way to do this.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you received good customer service   1 Answer

Negotiation

I told the manager how much I wanted, she called me a few days letter with an offer lower than I wanted or needed but I wanted the job so I accepted the offerm

Anonymous Employee in Apple Valley, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Petco (Apple Valley, MN) in August 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with General Manager. He walked me through my resume and asked me questions about my jobs, what I had done in those jobs, and why I left each job. He was very supportive of each decision I made for leaving a job. We joked around, so it felt relaxed and allowed me to feel comfortable to show my personality. He looked over the questionnaire that I had to fill out online and said I wouldn't make a good assistant manager but would make a good General Manager and made a remark about how weird that was.

Interview Questions

• What did you like most about working at (insert name of old pet store I worked at)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lihue, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Petco (Lihue, HI) in May 2015.

Interview

Met at a neutral location as the store had not opened yet. Interview was approximately 45 minutes long, pleasant and easy going. At the end, was told I'd get a call from them within 2-3 days. Instead, got a rejection email within 45 minutes of leaving the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Petco? Tell me about your experience with conflict resolution. The job requires lifting up to 50 lbs, will you have a problem with that with reasonable accommodations? You have management experience but none in retail. Can you tell me how you envision that transition happening?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Petco (Dallas, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

I worked 50+ hour weeks and it was almost impossible to set up an actual interview time. I did one phone interview with the hiring manager for a store that would open in a week or so. He was very nice and made the accommodation for me to do a phone interview instead.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you and a co worker did not get along. How did you handle the situation   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Battle Creek, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Petco (Battle Creek, MI) in March 2013.

Interview

General Knowledge, shift management, stress full customer. Basic questions, just be yourself, and learn what a manager should and should not be. You will be fine. They are really basic questions, as long as you are not mean, and know your stuff you will be fine.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Petco (San Jose, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

The interview was easy. The first one is a group interview to weed out the bad ones. Then the second interview means that you got the job. They asked basic interview questions. They are all easy to answer. No hard questions.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you resolve the issue.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Petco (Boston, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview was very casual and laid back. I was asked about my past employment and experiences related to the job I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any tricky questions. Very informal process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was told they would try and match what I was previously making, but it's unlikely. A couple days later, after having spoken with the DM, I was settled at $2.50 LESS than my previous pay. I accepted, begrudgingly, because I had over two years of experience in this industry and 5+ as a manager.