Petco Grooming Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Petco Grooming Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at Petco

1.5

Anonymous Employee in North Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Petco (North Little Rock, AR) in August 2013.

Interview

I got a call back from Petco about a week after I applied for the Dog Trainer position. When I got in the Grooming Salon Manager asked me some questions then the manager called me afterwards and wanted to interview me himself. I ended up in the grooming salon.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult, the interviews are a breeze for the most part. I did get asked if I minded getting dirty.   1 Answer
  • Are you scared of any type dogs, or have you ever been bitten?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They called and offered me the job over the phone. I said I'd take it and that was that.

Other Interview Reviews for Petco

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Petco (Spokane, WA) in May 2010.

Interview

I didn't have much of an interview. I got asked "Do you like sticking fingers in dogs butts?" and once I replied mentioning that its part of expressing glands in the bath when your grooming a dog, he continued on with the hiring process. It was a quick interview.

Anonymous Employee in Ahwatukee, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Petco (Ahwatukee, AZ) in November 2013.

Interview

The hiring manager contacted me about a week after I had submitted my application and we set up an interview. He was very nice, informative and was able to answer most of my questions.

Interview Questions

• PetCo offers salon schooling through them, and he asked if that would be something I was interested in.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I took it right away, and they hired me on the following week.

Grooming Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Petco in September 2013.

Interview

I filled out an application about a month, month and a half before being contacted. I had completely forgotten I had applied as a grooming assistant/bather. I got a call to ask if I was still and was set up with an interview for the next day. I went. I was asked to "tell me a little bit about yourself" which is always a hard one to answer. I babbled off a bit and awkwardly left it hanging. I was asked if I had any experience, either as a bather or groomer. I hadn't, save washing my own dog a decade ago. I was extremely enthusiastic about the possibility of being paid to wash dogs/be around animals for a job, and apparently that showed, and about a minute and a half into the interview it was confirmed I would be hired, we talked about how commission worked (either hourly pay or 40% commission, whichever was higher), and opportunities for advancement which would be being sent to grooming school if things went well, etc., which Petco would pay for. I was given contact info, signed to give permission to have my background check be sent off, and was given a start date a few days later.

Anonymous Employee in Germantown, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Petco (Germantown, MD) in October 2009.

Interview

I was called right away, and the interview was very informal.

Grooming Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Petco in June 2012.

Interview

All you basically need is a love for pets. It doesn't take a genius to bathe a dog.

Anonymous Employee in West Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Petco (West Sacramento, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online and went to an open group interview on Friday. The next Wednesday I dropped off my resume and the gave me a second interview which I had that Friday with the store and grooming manager. It was a pleasant and easy interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non negotiable salary. grooming assistants start at $8.00/per hour or 40% commission

Anonymous Employee in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Petco (Corvallis, OR) in January 2012.

Interview

I was asked about my experience (which was limited and I had said so), about the situations that I had handled (both good and bad), and what my skills were strongest in. I was called about coming in for an interview, and that was pretty much that.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have bathing dogs?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for a minimum of 35 to 40 hours, and was told that was possible. There was no negotiation for that. In terms of PETCO? Get it in writing. Never accept it otherwise, if you're going to be a grooming assistant.

Anonymous Employee in Delafield, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Petco (Delafield, WI) in August 2011.

Interview

Manager asked if I had any questions about the job and the company. Was a very laid back interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked how I would deal with drama   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Watauga, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Petco (Watauga, TX).

Interview

I got a call from the grooming manager and she asked me to come in for an interview. I wore dress slacks And a nice shirt. We went into a nasty small office that was filthy and stunk. I sat in a broken rolling chair while we interviewed. Asked very basic questions, no questions that required a lot of talking.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      Are you afraid of any animals especially dogs?   1 Answer