Petco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Petco Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.1

CAL Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Petco.

Interview

This is too long ago, started as cashier. This at the time was a new store. Started there from the beginning. Had to help with the set up of the store. That inclueded building shelfes, stock the shelfes. Then it was and is still, cleaning cleaning cleaning and more cleaning.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Charles, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Petco (Saint Charles, IL).

Interview

Called me to place the interview. Went in for an interview. asked me lots of questions about animal care and customer service. Everyone was very nice at the interview and so I thought the position would be nice as well. This company I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. They don't care about the animal's. This company is about money, not people.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Petco (Anchorage, AK) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone conversation in which I was asked my qualifications and my experience. I passed the phone pre-screen, however, I was not hired due to being over qualified after the initial "welcome aboard" statements.

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Petco (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online, called by the store manager. Simple phone interview then appointment to interview in store with store manager and assistant manager. After talking, they showed me around the store - the different areas, animals,etc

Interview Questions

• Besides discussing my previous work history and duties, they asked for examples of how I handled upset customers or store employees that were either doing a great job or a very poor job   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Grand Chute, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Petco (Grand Chute, WI) in August 2016.

Interview

Very laid back interview, not a lot of pressure. It felt more like a conversations rather than an actual interview. Feedback and a hiring decision was made quickly.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Petco.

Interview

Interview was easy, was offered the postion at the end of interview. Applied online, got a call a week or so after that and was asked to come in for an interview.

Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Petco (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

The interviewing process was thorough and well coordinated. I interviewed on my lunch hour and they were very thoughtful and coordinated lunch for me. I interviewed with 3 out of the 4 VP's I supported at the time and 1 other Executive Assistant from another department. I was asked several scenario type of questions and left the interview with a great understanding of the business, culture and objectives.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how would I handle a "difficult" VP or executive?   1 Answer

Pet Groomer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Layton, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Petco (Layton, UT).

Interview

It was a group interview with 3 of us in the break room with the Assistant Manager. There was a young man in his 30's needing a job while in college, a young man who just graduated from high school and me who applied for petco 10+ times in each state we lived in when spouse was in the military.
    We were all really nervous but the asst. Manager put us at ease quickly. She asked us questions and 1 at a time we answered. We were even laughing and talking like we all knew each other at the end.
    They were hiring for two stores and one of the questions was would you be willing to work at the other store, we all said yes.
    I won't be surprised to see the two other applicants when I report for my first day.
    The only complaint I had about the interview was I had applied for the grooming salon and I'm pretty sure they hired me for the sales floor. Which is alright I worked retail for 10 years and enjoyed it.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Petco?   1 Answer
    • Petco is shifting their focus to still providing excellent products for animals, but now they want to increase customer service, would that be difficult for you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Petco (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. I got a call to come into the store for a 1:1 interview about two days later. I was interviewed by two people, the Store Manager and the Head Pet Specialist. The interview itself wasn't too intense and the two guys that interviewed me was pretty likable.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Petco?
      What kind of pet(s) do you own?
      What type of food do you feed your pet(s)?
      Answer Question

Guest Experience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Petco (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was pretty simple. It was mostly getting to know you based questions. Some were situation based, talking about how we handled customer service at our old jobs. Others were personality based, talking about what we like to do and how we would describe ourselves. It was also a group interview so being unique from other candidates mattered. We were also interviewed by two managers although only one was asking most of the questions.

Interview Questions

• How did you turn a hard time into something good?   1 Answer