Petco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 23, 2017

2.0

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Petco (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Applied a few weeks ago for a sales position in San Diego and I did not get a confirmation email. I would've like to have received a denial email at least.

Meeting & Event Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Petco (San Diego, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and followed up with a LinkedIn message to one of the HR managers. I don't typically wouldn't directly message after applying online, knowing how many applicants HR employees are receiving a day. However, I was actually visiting San Diego specifically to interview for jobs as I was planning a relocation from the East Coast. Brooke ended up reaching out to me in regards to a phone interview. I was able to have the phone interview with Brooke prior to my trip - the interview with her was very relaxed. She was enthusiastic about Petco, very informative and most importantly, friendly. After the interview, I hounded her a little bit, reminding her of the dates I was available to meet with her team in person. I'm not entirely sure, but I think they sped up the process of getting me in for an in-person interview due to my circumstances. I was very appreciative of Brooke and her team being so accommodating. After the in-person interview, I was told the next step would be to meet with the director, so I hounded Brooke a little bit more letting her know that I had one more day in town to meet with the director if interested. She quickly responded letting me know I did not make it to the 3rd round of interviews (unfortunately). Although I did not get the position, I found my interactions with Brooke to be very helpful, accommodating, and I truly felt as though she respected my time in SD.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Petco (San Diego, CA).

Interview

It was OK. Actually quite easy and took about 3 weeks before I was called and offered the position. The interview process took approximately 2 weeks as there were several different interviews.

Interview Questions

• They asked how comfortable I am with excel but didn't ask any details or to provide any answers which I was shocked by.   1 Answer

Dog Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, OH

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Petco (Englewood, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was quick and easy! I applied for the position about 1.5 weeks before I received a call to schedule an interview . The manager wanted to me to come in that today and interview . I went in and was hired on the spot . The interview took a total of 10 minutes .

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you would be a good candidate for the position of dog trainer ?   1 Answer

Grooming Salon - Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Petco (Tampa, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied on 3/7, got called about 3 weeks later for an interview that week, and was offered the job the next day.

The interview was probably the most relaxed interview I've ever had. It was a group interview with me and 1 other person. The store, grooming, and customer service leaders/managers were there. The managers were all very nice, and you could tell that they all loved animals and that was why they loved their jobs so much.

We sat in the front of the store in a circle and they asked really basic questions. After they asked us if we had any questions and then they showed us around the salon. We grouped one last time at the end, they asked us if we had anymore questions, and then told us that they would let us know the following week.

Guest Experience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Petco (Stockton, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I had two interviews, one with the assistant manager and one with the GM. The second was very short (less than 5 minutes). The first interview was with one other applicant, who had experience at a serpentarium. I was offered a second interview, and he was not.

Guest Service Team Member - Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Petco (Tampa, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Super easy. Went in, had a flowing conversation with the store leader. Talked about my experiences and what the job entails. Not too many questions, just a sit down "get-to-know" you interview. Hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What past experiences/jobs has prepared you to work as part of our PetCo team?   Answer Question

Companion Animal Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Petco (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Just a note- you will most likely have to call them to get an interview. I was overly qualified and still had to call. Hiring manager told me they just don't check the portal very often. Very easy interview. They basically asked me about my experience with working with animals, which I have had a lot of. Then they asked about my availibility and what hours I wanted to work. Then a few days later they called me saying I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with animals?   1 Answer

Veterinarian Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Petco (Portland, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

Excellent! Most communication occurred through email. Interview process was short and the process went smoothly. Overall, I'd say the entire process was completed within 3 days. CV and valid state license are required for the position.

Interview Questions

• Are you available on weekends?   1 Answer
    • How comfortable are you in a high volume work environment?   1 Answer

Store Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Petco (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Recruiter phone interview, District Leader, VPRO. Typical system, by the time you get to VPRO it is done, just signing off on you. Not many hoops to jump through, pretty straight forward.