Petco Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Petco Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Petco

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chico, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Petco (Chico, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online, within a week received a call inviting me to an open interview. Came to the back of the petco store with 7 other people and had a group interview. We were partnered up and had to interview each other and then had to report back what we found out about the other person to the rest of the group. We also had to sell a pet product to the group. Very easy conversational light interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for petco?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Petco

Sale Associate Interview

Interview

got call, did in person interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Sale Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Petco.

Interview

I applied online and was called about two weeks later. I was asked to come in for an interview at the store. I was asked a few basic interview questions and what pets I currently have. I was also asked if I was comfortable handeling reptiles and I replied yes, because I have several snakes. The interviewer seemed impressed. After that, I was told that they would get back to me within a week and that they still had a few people to interview. Four days later I recieved a call back with an offer. I wore a decent cotton shirt, a cardigan, jeans and flats to the interview.

Negotiation

N/A

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Petco in March 2017.

Interview

I had two interviews with two different managers. They were friendly and really get to know you. They asked me about my experience and also what animals I would not be comfortable with

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Petco (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

- Very easy, typical questions
    - Group interview
    - Your past experience
    - Very laid back and friendly, they really connect with you as a person
    - They ask if you have any pets
    - They ask you the hours youre available

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Petco.

Interview

Applied online, and was called approximately a week later for an in-store interview. Interview consisted of standard questions, that required answers from past experiences (work situations, school situations, etc.). Overall quick and easy interview process.

Interview Questions

• Most questions began with "Tell me about a time where you....", or situational questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Florence, AL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Petco (Florence, AL) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and showed up in person. Was called in for a group interview a day later. There were two other applicants. The interview was easy and pretty casual. The manager was very friendly. He showed us around the store and had us practice selling things. After the interview, the manager talked to each of us alone for a few minutes. I was hired a day later!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Petco.

Interview

I got a call after applying online about 3 days or so later asking me to go for a group interview. I went to the location they sent me to and went at the time they told me they said interviews didn't start until a certain time. That was annoying. They were holding district wide interviews. I left because the wait time was more than an hour. After that I was incredibly annoyed. I forgot about it and a couple of days later I got a call from the store I actually applied to and called me in for a one on one interview. The interview went smoothly and i'm glad I gave them another shot. There were a lot of situational questions about previous jobs and school and what not also asked about availability and willingness to work with certain animals. I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you saw a co worker doing something wrong, what would you do?
      If you saw it was me?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Petco in January 2017.

Interview

Contacted in about a week. Went in and told them I couldn't work weekends due to another job told me they needed me weekends and sent me home. The manager was very nice about it though.

Anonymous Employee in Arvada, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Petco (Arvada, CO).

Interview

Apply online call and go in to get a appointment. And go in and meet the boss than call and then get a appointment. And than have a it down app with the boss for a couple min and than leave and call back.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like this job.
      Retail experience?