Peter Brett Associates Interview Questions in Reading, UK | Glassdoor

Interviews at Peter Brett Associates

2.3

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peter Brett Associates (Reading, England (UK)) in August 2018.

Interview

it began by a prompt telephone interview, to gain some more information about myself, it also gave me the opportunity to gain some more information about the role. I then completed two online assessments, for numeracy and literacy. After doing this, I was offered a face to face interview and quickly offered the role after that.

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Peter Brett Associates (Reading, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online, then had a 15 minute telephone interview with someone from HR, very laid back pretty easy to be honest, mainly talking through my CV and previous work experience. Next stage involved an online test, numerical and verbal, pretty standard. Was then invited to the assessment centre in Reading, travel expenses covered. The day was pretty laid back, could tell that a lot of the other candidates were nervous. Started with introductory presentation about Peter Brett, then the typical group exercise, interview, individual exercise and a presentation.

Declined the offer as had several other offers which had more competitive packages.

Interview Questions

• What challenges are engineering consultant companies currently faced with?   Answer Question

Graduate Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Peter Brett Associates (Reading, England (UK)) in June 2019.

Interview

Applied through their website - sent CV only. Few weeks later I got a call, the woman over phone was very nice however I already got some interview questions then (what I know about company and why I want to work there) without any notice before. I was told they'll see if I go further and call me back in one week. Eventually 2 weeks later I called them myself, got the information I went further and again(!) got some interview questions over phone (about my strengths and weaknesses, and there were other questions as well), I was told the convesration will last 5 min but it was more than 10 and I didn't expected interview questions (I had to leave the house in that moment so eventually I was late for another meeting). At the end I was told they will send me online tests, again 2 weeks waiting and finally got an interview.

On the interview people were nice, the conversation were smooth.
    It was more like a conversation, rather than asking questions (even though they were prepared with many questions). I was advised earlier to take any project I want to speak about and that there will be some questions to be solved.

Generally even though they were nice I got the answer that they decided to quit this role and noone will be recruited. Got the information I did well on the interview and was promised to get back travel expenses however still after a month I haven't received them.

Interview Questions

• Why structural engineering?   Answer Question
    • Have you got any project with you that you want to speak about?   Answer Question
    • Technical questions were about BMD, SFD, deflection shape, type of foundations - which are better in given situation, about retaining walls, which from given is best and why, how we add stability to the builidng   Answer Question

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Peter Brett Associates (Reading, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Friendly, easy going, relaxed. They offer to me everything necessary to get a comfortable interview. They want to know my aspirations, my strength and weak points.
    Everything they told me regarding my position, now, currently working with them, it is fulfilling. Im so happy with this

Interview Questions

• How do you feel. Explain us your current employ situation   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Peter Brett Associates (Reading, England (UK)) in June 2018.

Interview

The HR and management were friendly, informed and professional. The team were well organised and had a really welcoming attitude, with a clear picture of what they wanted for a new role.

Interview Questions

• We broke down my CV and relevant experience and then went over some compentancy questions.   Answer Question

Graduate Transport Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Peter Brett Associates (Reading, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

I initially applied to the PBA grad scheme in November 2015.

The first step in applying is sending them your CV and a cover letter online. They do not have an application closing date, but make sure you apply before the end of the year otherwise you may miss the first few assessment days and thus be at a disadvantage.
    A few weeks later, I was called for a phone interview, which lasted approximately 10-15 minutes and consisted of a number of questions involving why I wanted to work for PBA, any relevant work experience (of which I have none, so do not worry about this) and a couple of competency based questions. Went well and the HR guy I talked to was lovely.
    Next I had to pass online verbal and numerical tests, pretty standard ones, relatively difficult.
    A month later in mid January I was called to say I was successful and could I go to an assessment centre in Reading the following week.
    The assessment centre began at 8:45am, and consisted of a presentation about PBA and the scheme and projects they are currently working on, a written exercise which was then used as a basis for a group exercise, and a interview with 2 people (1 HR person, 1 person in the transport team). We also had lunch with current grads on the scheme. Make sure you read up on the current projects PBA is working on, as it looks great if you can talk about these in the interview, and try to match up your skills so that they would help on these projects. The whole day was very enjoyable and everyone I met was lovely. The actual scheme looked very good and you can rotate around different departments if you wish. Travel costs and lunch are included (and accommodation if required). Would definitely recommend.
    The assessment day finished around 2pm and I was called around 4pm to say they would like to offer me the job. In the end I had to decline due to receiving a job offer from a company in a better location to me, but I would love to work for PBA in the future.

Interview Questions

• Show examples of teamwork, leadership, using initiative to solve a difficult problem.   Answer Question