Peter Marino Architect Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 27, 2017

2.1

Interior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peter Marino Architect (New York, NY).

Interview

I was nervous going into this interview thinking it would be a "Devil Wears Prada" situation, but it was not at all. It's a pretty laid back, quiet and easy going place. The woman who interviewed me was friendly and sweet if in a bit of a disarray.

She did most of the talking, asking few questions. I had to interject with my relevant experience. I'm not even sure she had a good handle on the job I was interviewing for.

For an interview that I was highly anticipating, I left very disappointed about the firm. It seems that the interior designers have few technical skills and the way their custom work was described to me it seems to be derivative of other people's work. I also got the feeling the interiors side isn't well respected by the architects.

Another red flag for me was the "dear leader" almost cult-like adulation for Peter Marino that came across in the interview. I understand of course he's a great designer but I was turned off by this.

Interview Questions

• Where do I source textiles, furniture and carpets?
      Where do we get upholstery done?
      Do I have a background in art?   Answer Question

Architectural Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Peter Marino Architect (New York, NY).

Interview

I was invited to interview twice and the interviews went very well both times. It seems like there is not much communication between the interviewers who were architects and between them and HR, so I answered many of the same questions more than once. I was subsequently put in touch with HR and they communicated benefits, etc. which looked very promising but eventually got ghosted with no offer.

Overall a good experience and think I would have enjoyed working at this office.

Interview Questions

• What types of projects would you be interested in working on   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peter Marino Architect (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process what fairly standard in terms of the questions asked. The format of the interview was informal and was more conversational than anything which created a comfortable environment. Focus seemed to be more on getting to know the candidate vs. explicitly reviewing resume.

Junior Architect 3D Modeler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Peter Marino Architect (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

I was contact by email five days before. The interview has been done with the Senior Architect, nothing special and difficult questions about my work experience, why I have chosen Peter Marino Office and they explained to me the figure of the "Boss" inside the Office. Then the Senior Architect shown me the workplace and some work in progress.

Architectural Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Peter Marino Architect (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

Peter Marino Architect looks like a great office to work in. Their website is amazing and conveys a sense of fun. It is a big office - around 150 people. HR called to let me know I had an interview, they have great communication. The position I applied for required CAD and Adobe experience, however is very administrative with minimal time spent on any design work.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult questions, or anything you wouldn't expect. I was asked if I was prepared to move away from the design field for this position, and in all honesty I'm not.   Answer Question

3D Render Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Peter Marino Architect (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

The whole process was coordinated via a head-hunter, I was cold contacted and asked to come I'm for an interview before I was told who the position was for. The process was simple: interview with head-hunter, who have me pointers on fixing up my resume; the interview with a senior 3D person and then with a senior architect.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was really unexpected. Like minded people - more of a general conversation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Conducted through the head-hunter. I told him what I wanted he did the negations.

Architectural Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peter Marino Architect (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

two rounds interview. it was pretty low key, easy breezy. if they like your work, it won't be too painful to sit and answer all the questions. they seems to like people with some character. employees there all work very hard, very talented. if you don't have some resilience or persistence you will mostly likely quit within a year but if you do, it will be rewarding at the end

Interview Questions

• asked for the best work sample   1 Answer

Negotiation