Peterbilt Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Peterbilt (Denton, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with 5 people, HR and 4 lead engineers for the mechanical engineering positions. They asked about my experience in Formula SAE and what tasks and roles I had within the team.

Interview Questions

• My roles and tasks within the Formula SAE team for UNT.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ramsey, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Peterbilt (Ramsey, NJ).

Interview

Talked to developers and management. It was a three step process that started with a phone internview then moved onto specific interviews with members of the company. The ceo was pretty nice. They had food. Each applicant had their own interview process.

Interview Questions

• Scenario based coding questions and some basic concepts!   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peterbilt (Denton, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online through my university website, then about a month later I received an email from a recruiter asking me if I could come into the office for an interview. I interviewed with assistant plant controller and a plant manager. The interview was pretty relaxed, they talked about the company first to give me more information. No behavioral question, it was just like a conversation like tell me about yourself, about why I chose accounting, why industry and not public accounting, things like that. I thought it went okay but did not move on to the next step.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer a more casual or work environment? What was your favorite accounting class and why? What programs do you know how to use? Why not public accounting?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peterbilt (Denton, TX).

Interview

I had a phone interview and within a few days they contacted me for an in person interview. I was interviewed by HR which went really well. They asked questions and at first I was nervous but, they made me feel very comfortable. Being honest and true to yourself goes along way.

Assembly Line Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Peterbilt (New York, NY).

Interview

Once application has been submitted, if you are a match you will be called in for a mechanical assessment test. Once that's passed. The interview is scheduled. After the interview, there's the drug test. If the drug test is successful, then the physical. Once that's done, you're good to go.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Peterbilt (Denton, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by four Peterbilt employees in one of their conference rooms. Employees from different departments inside engineering. Overall, it was very easy and kind interview. There were no difficult questions and I received an incredible and unique tour of the plant.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you disagree with a manager on a design?   1 Answer

Marketing Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Peterbilt (Denton, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

I got a call from HR, then my interview was taken in two phases- First with one of the manager which was telephonic and the last with Hiring Manager and Director. The process took a month or so. I was in regular touch with the HR which made the process easy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you were asked to complete a project with minimum guidance?   Answer Question

Any Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Peterbilt.

Interview

Easy and fair. Hr department was very professional and thorough. Honesty goes a long way, I got the job. It was a little I timid at ING with thelarge amount of people there but got through.

Marketing Director Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Peterbilt.

Interview

The interview was rather formal. Spoke with the HR department first on the phone. That was followed up by an in person interview with mid management. Second round of interviews was with senior management.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and why you are a good fit for the job.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Peterbilt (Denton, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Group interview: Section manager and team leaders. After the initial sit-down, I received a plant tour. Returning to the section manager's office, HR person, manager, and I briefly discussed salary. Comments were that it was a good interview on my part. I left and never heard from them again in the 2.5 months since.

Overall Peterbilt is nice people whose HR department could improve by providing definite closure.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume/tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Have you ever made any mistakes? Tell us about it. What was your responsibility in it?   1 Answer
    • We are concerned you would be bored here.   1 Answer