Peterbilt Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 4, 2017

2.9

Maint Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Peterbilt (Denton, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

took skills and aptitude test then had interview with dept. mgr. and other supervisors then had an interview with the hr. rep. it was an in-depth question and answer session to see if you are a good fit to the company

Interview Questions

• troubleshooting and skills questions   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Peterbilt (Denton, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with 5 people, HR and 4 lead engineers for the mechanical engineering positions. They asked about my experience in Formula SAE and what tasks and roles I had within the team.

Interview Questions

• My roles and tasks within the Formula SAE team for UNT.   Answer Question

Electrical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peterbilt (Denton, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

When I arrived for the interview, a person from Human Resources took me directly to a conference room where a panel of eight people from different disciplines had copies of my resume. Each individual would take turns asking different situational style questions. They did not go into much detail about the company itself. However starting as a new engineer, they did explain to me that you must work out in production for 6 months before you actually enter into the engineering department,
    They found out that this works better due to the fact that you have experienced and have a better understanding of how these semi-trucks are built.

Interview Questions

• The majority of the questions were situational type scenarios.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Peterbilt in January 2008.

Interview

Thourough and took a long time

Interview Questions

Negotiation

very minimal

Marketing Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Peterbilt (Denton, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

I got a call from HR, then my interview was taken in two phases- First with one of the manager which was telephonic and the last with Hiring Manager and Director. The process took a month or so. I was in regular touch with the HR which made the process easy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you were asked to complete a project with minimum guidance?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ramsey, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Peterbilt (Ramsey, NJ).

Interview

Talked to developers and management. It was a three step process that started with a phone internview then moved onto specific interviews with members of the company. The ceo was pretty nice. They had food. Each applicant had their own interview process.

Interview Questions

• Scenario based coding questions and some basic concepts!   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peterbilt (Denton, TX).

Interview

I had a phone interview and within a few days they contacted me for an in person interview. I was interviewed by HR which went really well. They asked questions and at first I was nervous but, they made me feel very comfortable. Being honest and true to yourself goes along way.

Assembly Line Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Peterbilt (New York, NY).

Interview

Once application has been submitted, if you are a match you will be called in for a mechanical assessment test. Once that's passed. The interview is scheduled. After the interview, there's the drug test. If the drug test is successful, then the physical. Once that's done, you're good to go.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Commodity Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Peterbilt (Denton, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

Multiple interviews, very business like interview. Process is very slow. Not for someone who needs a job in a relative quick time. Not much else to say except very long process .

Any Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Peterbilt.

Interview

Easy and fair. Hr department was very professional and thorough. Honesty goes a long way, I got the job. It was a little I timid at ING with thelarge amount of people there but got through.