Peterbilt Motors Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 8, 2017

2.9

Maint Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Peterbilt Motors Company (Denton, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

took skills and aptitude test then had interview with dept. mgr. and other supervisors then had an interview with the hr. rep. it was an in-depth question and answer session to see if you are a good fit to the company

Interview Questions

• troubleshooting and skills questions   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Peterbilt Motors Company (San Francisco, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Very detailed questions about experience and productivity. While most companies would dig into sales results, Paccar wanted even more detail about past jobs. In fact, stability at one or two past jobs would be the cutoff; any greater number of previous employment reflected poorly on candidate.

Interview Questions

• Describe the last five years of sales results   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Peterbilt Motors Company (Denton, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with 5 people, HR and 4 lead engineers for the mechanical engineering positions. They asked about my experience in Formula SAE and what tasks and roles I had within the team.

Interview Questions

• My roles and tasks within the Formula SAE team for UNT.   1 Answer

Electrical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peterbilt Motors Company (Denton, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

When I arrived for the interview, a person from Human Resources took me directly to a conference room where a panel of eight people from different disciplines had copies of my resume. Each individual would take turns asking different situational style questions. They did not go into much detail about the company itself. However starting as a new engineer, they did explain to me that you must work out in production for 6 months before you actually enter into the engineering department,
    They found out that this works better due to the fact that you have experienced and have a better understanding of how these semi-trucks are built.

Interview Questions

• The majority of the questions were situational type scenarios.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Peterbilt Motors Company in January 2008.

Interview

Thourough and took a long time

Interview Questions

Negotiation

very minimal

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Peterbilt Motors Company (Denton, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

It was very thorough, met with 8 to 10 people from various departments, received plant tour as well, which was pretty nice. Visited the plant and the division building both. All the areas are very clean.

Marketing Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Peterbilt Motors Company (Denton, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

I got a call from HR, then my interview was taken in two phases- First with one of the manager which was telephonic and the last with Hiring Manager and Director. The process took a month or so. I was in regular touch with the HR which made the process easy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you were asked to complete a project with minimum guidance?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ramsey, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Peterbilt Motors Company (Ramsey, NJ).

Interview

Talked to developers and management. It was a three step process that started with a phone internview then moved onto specific interviews with members of the company. The ceo was pretty nice. They had food. Each applicant had their own interview process.

Interview Questions

• Scenario based coding questions and some basic concepts!   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peterbilt Motors Company (Denton, TX).

Interview

I had a phone interview and within a few days they contacted me for an in person interview. I was interviewed by HR which went really well. They asked questions and at first I was nervous but, they made me feel very comfortable. Being honest and true to yourself goes along way.

Assembly Line Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Peterbilt Motors Company (New York, NY).

Interview

Once application has been submitted, if you are a match you will be called in for a mechanical assessment test. Once that's passed. The interview is scheduled. After the interview, there's the drug test. If the drug test is successful, then the physical. Once that's done, you're good to go.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer