Peterbilt Motors Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 21, 2017

2.8

Unit Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Peterbilt Motors Company (Denton, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I was asked several questions about my work experience. I was also asked what information did i know about the company. I was asked about how did my experience come in to play with the position i was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• What in your background prepared you for this interview   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Peterbilt Motors Company (Denton, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with 5 people, HR and 4 lead engineers for the mechanical engineering positions. They asked about my experience in Formula SAE and what tasks and roles I had within the team.

Interview Questions

• My roles and tasks within the Formula SAE team for UNT.   1 Answer

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peterbilt Motors Company (Denton, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online through my university website, then about a month later I received an email from a recruiter asking me if I could come into the office for an interview. I interviewed with assistant plant controller and a plant manager. The interview was pretty relaxed, they talked about the company first to give me more information. No behavioral question, it was just like a conversation like tell me about yourself, about why I chose accounting, why industry and not public accounting, things like that. I thought it went okay but did not move on to the next step.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer a more casual or work environment? What was your favorite accounting class and why? What programs do you know how to use? Why not public accounting?   Answer Question

Marketing Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Peterbilt Motors Company (Denton, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

I got a call from HR, then my interview was taken in two phases- First with one of the manager which was telephonic and the last with Hiring Manager and Director. The process took a month or so. I was in regular touch with the HR which made the process easy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you were asked to complete a project with minimum guidance?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ramsey, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Peterbilt Motors Company (Ramsey, NJ).

Interview

Talked to developers and management. It was a three step process that started with a phone internview then moved onto specific interviews with members of the company. The ceo was pretty nice. They had food. Each applicant had their own interview process.

Interview Questions

• Scenario based coding questions and some basic concepts!   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peterbilt Motors Company (Denton, TX).

Interview

I had a phone interview and within a few days they contacted me for an in person interview. I was interviewed by HR which went really well. They asked questions and at first I was nervous but, they made me feel very comfortable. Being honest and true to yourself goes along way.

Assembly Line Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Peterbilt Motors Company (New York, NY).

Interview

Once application has been submitted, if you are a match you will be called in for a mechanical assessment test. Once that's passed. The interview is scheduled. After the interview, there's the drug test. If the drug test is successful, then the physical. Once that's done, you're good to go.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Peterbilt Motors Company (Denton, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by four Peterbilt employees in one of their conference rooms. Employees from different departments inside engineering. Overall, it was very easy and kind interview. There were no difficult questions and I received an incredible and unique tour of the plant.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you disagree with a manager on a design?   1 Answer

Commodity Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Peterbilt Motors Company (Denton, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

Multiple interviews, very business like interview. Process is very slow. Not for someone who needs a job in a relative quick time. Not much else to say except very long process .

Electrical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peterbilt Motors Company (Denton, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

When I arrived for the interview, a person from Human Resources took me directly to a conference room where a panel of eight people from different disciplines had copies of my resume. Each individual would take turns asking different situational style questions. They did not go into much detail about the company itself. However starting as a new engineer, they did explain to me that you must work out in production for 6 months before you actually enter into the engineering department,
    They found out that this works better due to the fact that you have experienced and have a better understanding of how these semi-trucks are built.

Interview Questions

• The majority of the questions were situational type scenarios.   1 Answer