Petro Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 31, 2017

2.4

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Haven, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Petro (North Haven, CT) in March 2017.

Interview

Brought me into the office, they sat me down with managers and asked about me and my experiences and my interests. Very down to earth conversation, clearly they were vetting for people with a personality. And rightfully so, you don't need a drone speaking to your customers.

Interview Questions

• What made me interested in a career in energy?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Petro in January 2017.

Interview

Three phone interviews, one with HR, two with hiring manager. Easy and friendly interviews, asking for experiences and scenario. Need knowledge of SQL and visualization experience. Company use Looker system and HTML.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Petro (Poughkeepsie, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Very basic, easy questions, phone screening and then an in-office interview was scheduled for the following day. Interview was with hiring manager, and a supervisor. Discussed work history and what "customer service means to you." Asked about multi-tasking skills, cross-selling other products and if you were comfortable working in a call-center like environment.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me an example of a difficult customer interaction and the outcome of the situation?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Petro.

Interview

Straightforward, applied online and was given a phone screening within two weeks of applying, after which i was asked to come in to the office where I was interviewed by the manager and a supervisor who asked typical job experience questions. If you have a professional experience and show that you are a people person who can carry an intelligent conversation then you should be fine.

Service Adminsitration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelsea, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Petro (Chelsea, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

Subpar, not really descriptive.
    Will change your job, the week after you start anyway.
    Pretends to be a good place to work. Seems friendly but it's not.
    Easy enough to get the job, it's when you get there that's the problem.
    Prepare to be terrorized by the very person who told you it was a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question
    • What my work Experience was like ?   1 Answer

PC Repair Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plainview, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Petro (Plainview, NY).

Interview

No telephone interview, met at the Plainview computer center office. Office is predominantly male. Manager was very casual and seemed more interested in talking about himself than the job. Didn't throw any curveballs.

Interview Questions

• None really, it was very basic. He asked me when I could start in the interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because I had no experience and was fresh out of school. I felt the salary was reasonable.

HVAC Service Tech Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Petro.

Interview

Interview was as expected technical questions to determine experience

Interview Questions

• Asked if i could work nights and weekends   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plainview, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Petro (Plainview, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied on Careerbuilder, received call from hiring manager, interviewed with a manager and supervisor, received callback after interview a day later, began training the following Monday

Interview Questions

• How to handle irate customer's   1 Answer