Petrobras Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Petrobras (Houston, TX).

Interview

If you speak Portuguese, it will be easier for you to get a job. The international procurement hires only Brazilians and there is not any opportunity to grow equally at the company.

Interview Questions

• If you were to be hired, could you work more than 8 hours based on a salary given to you?   1 Answer

Decision Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Petrobras (Houston, TX).

Interview

Started with a phone interview than an in-person interview.

I'm an Economist and not an Engineer, and they wanted an Engineer for the role.

Overall it was a waste of time.

Tax Accountant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Petrobras.

Interview

The manager just stared at me and very quiet, she did not know what the job requirement. She told you to say it like it is. Very strange interview process, wonder whether she is prepare for the interview.

Interview Questions

The manager is not sincere

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Petrobras.

Interview

I applied through the company’s website. The response was very quick. I was scheduled for an interview the following week. The interview itself went very well. I was mainly asked questions about my previous experience and skills with software. Overall, it took about 30 minutes to have the discussion with the hiring manager, two technical employees and an HR person.

Interview Questions

• There were really no hard questions. However, if I have to pick one, then I would peak the HR’s favorite question: “Why Petrobras?   Answer Question

Senior Geophysicist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Petrobras (Houston, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

Spoke over the phone to an HR representative and was invited to a panel interview. The team interviewed me, asking basic questions about my experience, skills and expertise. The interview was conducted in the main office for less than one hour. The offer arrived several days later.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you working in a high pace environment, sharing knowledge and expertise with your teammates, and supporting new staff?   1 Answer

Project Management Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Petrobras in August 2009.

Interview

2 professionals. 1 Hiring manager . Took about 45 minutes. Junior member spent a lot of time describing their challenges to bring oil and gas to market with minimal experience in geographic location. Very spirited animated conversation, with good exchange of ideas. Very much like a professional meeting among colleagues.

Liked them very much and they liked me. invited me to meet other team members,. Very smart, competent people who i would have liked to have been assopciated with.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you found out we had a rpoblem?   1 Answer

Equipment Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Petrobras.

Interview

Interview happens only after a test. If you are classified you first go to a long term training course and then, the interview is conducted to determine your destination. So, actually, you do not need an interview to get hired. When it comes to the interview, there is no structured approach. It is usually scheduled to one day or two where you meet the manager or a representative of the interested area and talk to him. You may ask to be interviewed by anyone offering positions, and they may also ask to interview you, even if you do not want to.
    After this process, there is a selection conducted between the managers from the different areas, and mediated by the coordinator of the process.

Interview Questions

• What were the strenghts you were going to bring into the company/sector?   Answer Question

Office Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Petrobras.

Interview

The appointment was made based on qualifications I was working for them in Brazil and they thought that I was the right person for the position. And I worked there 35 years.

Oil and Gas Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Petrobras.

Interview

The process is just by exams. Just for brazilians. They did an exam for all brazilians disponible to apply the role. We need to study a lot. After it, we were approved to go to the medic exams and a resitence and force ativities.

Interview Questions

• Questions of physics, math and portuguese!?   1 Answer

Geologist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Petrobras.

Interview

There is no interview. You need to get approved on a public contest. After that you start a 'formation training', according to your degree area. And then you point three places you'd like to work and have some interview with the manager of that area.