Petronas Engineering (Exploration & Production) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Petronas Engineering (Exploration & Production) Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Engineering (Exploration & Production) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Petronas in May 2012.

Interview

I was called for a chit-chat session of which they named "Technical Assessment" in March. However nothing technical were asked. The 2 interviewers just want to know some info on your family/education background, your current job scope (if you're working). Mind you the boring how-do-you-see-yourself-in-5-10 years will be asked in all sessions. Just relax, be warm and polite. The Structured Interview came in about 2 weeks after. I was told at first that there are 3 sections altogether; Case Study, Competency Based Interview and Role Play. For case-study, remember to read the article given line by line. Don't worry, you will be given some time to prepare. Identify the problem statement and elaborate as in you are making an essay. Be prepared to think carefully and answer in instance as the interviewers will try to probe your views on some other topics they think related. (My issue was Outsourcing but the interviewer did ask my opinion on merge and acquisition. they also expect me to give examples of successful/unsuccessful stories of these issues!). Please do not forget to prepare a conclusion for your points and it would be great if you managed to interrelate the points you given earlier before you draw a conclusion. Read the newspaper. You'll find it helpful :) The 2nd part is Competency Based (CBI). Basically they just want to see how you solve problems and how your react in difficult situations. Nothing much. Please do not worry if the interviewers did not conducted any of the part of interviews you heard/ read from others. I did not have to do the Role Play. My advise, relax and just be yourself. Don't talk too much or too less, and make decisions when you are asked to do so. After all, Petronas just want to see how you think and react. The most truthful and enjoyable interview experience I had to date. Good Luck! :)

Interview Questions

• What is the current Oil & Gas issue and how will it affect your (offered) position?   1 Answer