Pets at Home Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pets at Home Interview Questions

Interviews at Pets at Home

2.6

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pets at Home.

Interview

Had to go to a group interview , it was ok but did make me feel nervous . We had to talk about our pets, make a pet run and do a sells presentation in group. Had a call back got invited to a work trial day, lasted couple of hours due to them not being at all organised . Went on till for a hour. Cleaned guinea pigs out, helped put out stock, all good but when your not sure where stuff goes, you're going to be slow, so a stupid task really. One to one interview was ok but manager was on a conference call so really wasn't listening to me. Bit of a insult really. He could've got his assistant manager to take the call. Ok experience loved the animal part but really the one to one interview experience wasn't at all professional.

Interview Questions

• What's a good example of good customer service ?   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pets at Home in February 2017.

Interview

Don't waste your time!

After completing the online application process, I went to a group Interview at a nearby Hotel lasting ~3 hours. In this assessment, we introduced ourselves and spoke briefly about our pets. Roughly 10 applicants showed up. Afterwards, we had to make a bridge out of paper and tape which could support the weight of some toys, and be tall enough to stand over a small box. We then did a Dragon's Den style presentation to the judges/staff members on an idea which the company could sell, and then a brief one on one interview lasting around 2-3 minutes.

I was invited to a subsequent Interview and work trial the following week with the Manager and another member of staff. The Interview consisted of around 6 pages of questions but they were simple and mainly common sense. The work trial consisted of working on the tills and serving customers, as well as facing up products to ensure they looked as good as they can be. I was told by the manager that I would hear by the next week.

After hearing nothing by this time, I left it a couple more days and rang the store the manager works in, he wasn't in. I asked to speak to the person I was co-interviewed by and was told she'd be in by 11:00. I rang at 11:30 and she "wasn't in". I rang again the following day and I was told that I had been written an e-mail that morning which arrived at 07:16, this being 13 days after the interview had taken place. This e-mail was a generic copy & paste e-mail and had no feedback.

On the phone with the Manager, I was told my reason for rejection was "there were better candidates than yourself", While not being particularly helpful, is an acceptable reason. However, my real cause of frustration is that he did NOT apologise for failing to contact me, meaning I had to chase it myself. He said he'd speak with the other interviewer and compile me some feedback but never did.

I was left frustrated by the fact that I spent 5 hours of my time in person, 6 hours of preparation for interviews and 90 minutes travel and fuel costs, a total of over 12 hours of my personal time, and the manager did not have the courtesy to make a simple phone call, nor an apology for a mistake he would not acknowledge.

I consider this shambles to be a blessing in disguise, as I would never want to work for someone that incompetent and unprofessional. And nor should you. Look elsewhere or prepare to have your time wasted!

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pets at Home.

Interview

applied for job. had phone call for an interview. interview was a sit down one to one interview followed by an on the job interview where I had to re-merchandise shelves.

Interview Questions

Pets at Home Response

Jan 30, 2019 – Social Customer Care Manager

Hi,
    Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us feedback. I'm really pleased that you found our interview experience to be really positive & that you accepted the offer. I hope you have many... More

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cannock, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pets at Home (Cannock, England (UK)) in September 2018.

Interview

Nice relaxed interview. When first arrived was given time to look around the store at the animals while we waited for everyone to arrive. Then the assistant manager gave us a booklet and told us all about working there, pay, shifts benefits, training etc. Then we were given a piece of paper and a pen and had 2 minutes to write a speech about a pet/s we have. People went in turns reading their speech to the group. There were current staff members there to observe us each one had about 3 people to observe. Then we were split into 3 groups and given newspaper, tape and scissors and had to create a bridge that could fit a fish tank running underneath it and as many of the dog toys as possible. We were then put into the groups of the person who was observing us and we had to create an advert for 3 own brand products. After everyone had done their adverts we all came back together and the people who observed us took us one by one for an interview where I was asked basic questions; previous experience, other jobs/commitments, how you were getting there, etc you were free to go after your interview.

Interview Questions

• What previous work experience do you have and how does that relate to customer services?   Answer Question

Oct 26, 2018 – Social Customer Care Manager

Hi,
    Thank you so much for taking the time to feedback to us. It's great to hear that you enjoyed the interview process & found it to be relaxed as this is certainly one of our aims when recruiting... More

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pets at Home (Sheffield, England (UK)) in September 2018.

Interview

This was a group interview with a group of over 30 it was fun and relaxed we had to build a brigde using newspaper and tape in small groups the winning team was the one that could hold the most mobile phones then we stood up and introduced ourselves to the group we then each had a short interview with a staff member and think if you was one of the 3 successful candidates you then went on to do a work trail and then a interview with the manager which I thought was a bit unprofessional and she didn’t ask me anything about the animals I had to keep asking her it would have been better to have had a interview with the manager as she seemed really nice and professional and really cared about the animals welfare while in their care

Interview Questions

• The girl interviewing me just asked me about my flexibility and about my previous sales targets in other jobs and also how I would travel to work   Answer Question

Oct 26, 2018 – Social Customer Care Manager

Hi,
    Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback. I'm really pleased that you found the process to be relaxed & fun as this is exactly our aim when recruiting. I really appreciate your... More

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basingstoke, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pets at Home (Basingstoke, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied a few days after Christmas 2017 and heard back a few days later saying I’d got an interview which was the following Sunday. Arrived at the interview and we were all given name tags. Manager gave a presentation about the company then we were asked what animal we would have as a pet and why. Then we were split into two groups and each group had to build the tallest tower using only paper and tape. Then we had to come up with a business idea and explain it to everyone. Afterwards we were taken away for an individual interview which was very laid back and easy.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an angry customer   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pets at Home (Worcester, England (UK)) in April 2018.

Interview

Group interview. Same procedure as may other reviews describe. Everyone was lovely and friendly. Engaged in lots of group activities - one dragons den style. Also had to put together some cages.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Swansea, Wales (UK)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Pets at Home (Swansea, Wales (UK)) in February 2018.

Interview

I recently had a group assessment interview, I was very anxious when I was invited via email after reading other people’s reviews on the group interviews.
    I personally thought it was a fun experience and a great chance to show team effort.
    There were 8 of us, split into two groups of 4. We introduced ourselves and talked about previous employment as well as pets we own (including the staff) Firstly my group had to make a pets at home tv or radio advert including 3 products to promote, Initially I was nervous but once the group got talking I realised we were all in the same position and made the most of the experience.
    Secondly in the same group we built a tower as tall as we could out of cardboard and tape, again a good laugh and enjoyable experience completely relaxed and put me at ease everyone was included and took part.
    Afterwards we were taken aside by 1 member of staff and answered a few questions regarding availability and previous experience.
    Everyone was friendly and approachable I can say it’s the most fun I’ve had for an interview ever!
    I highly recommend this company and would advise anybody to jump at the chance of a group assessment offer even if your a nervous person.
    I was called back approximately an hour after leaving the group assessment and offered a trial shift the following day.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pets at Home.

Interview

Applied online and was emailed 3 days later asking me to come to group interview 2 days later. Email offered other days if it didn’t suit but when asked was told only one slot available. Arrived at interview and everyone was friendly. Started out by introducing ourselves. We then had to prepare a small talk about our pets, was easy enough. Then handed a product and asked to sell it to the manager. Following that we had to design a product in groups, dragons den style, and present it to the group. Following that we had a short interview and then we were done. There was a manager and 4 other staff there. The girl who interviewed me was her first ever interview and they had someone who had been working there 2 months also doing interviews. There were 12 of us for 1 part time position. I was called and offered the job but when giving details I was informed it was actually 40 hours per week. Very disappointed as I would’ve liked to work there but it was misadvertised. Seems to be the standard for this company.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pets at Home in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online and got contacted 3 weeks later. had my interview on a friday by two managers, the interview questions were all standard i thought it had gone pretty well up to that point. once the interview was over i was asked to go to the floor and restock some stuff, go clean the bunnies' cages, and go stay at the till for half an hour.
    The whole interview was somewhat rushed, I was not told that they were going to put me on the floor right after the interview, neither did I dress myself properly for that. Very rushed introduction on what the duties were, and they were always expecting me to know everything right away.. I was really sad as I quite liked this company but due to how the interview went it kinda made me glad I didnt get the job.