Pets at Home Part Time Store Colleague Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pets at Home Part Time Store Colleague Interview Questions

Interviews at Pets at Home

2.0

Part Time Store Colleague Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pets at Home (Bolton, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

was a group interview with 8 people, started off talking about our pets then had to split into groups and build a tower out of paper and tape, then split into different groups and come up with with a product or service and had to sell it to the staff, after that did a one to one interview

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Pets at Home

Part Time Store Colleague Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pets at Home in January 2018.

Interview

So I read a lot of reviews before my interview and I was fully prepared for everything that came up. This will probably sound like a lot of other people's interviews as I think they stick to the same stuff but thought I'd share anyway.
    I applied on their website, was really straight forward; upload a cv and there's a few questions such as 'if you were a pet what would you be and why?' They're looking for you to sound out the box, hard working etc
    Got an email for a group assessment evening 3 days later which was really quick.
    There was 14 of us total for 2 positions which was more than I thought. We all went into a room with around 8 colleagues and the manager. Started off with the manager talking about the store and job etc I knew everything already as I did A LOT of research into the company and the role and interview process before hand and I can't stress how important that is.
    Task 1
    We were given 2 mins to make notes on a pet we would like to have and why. Make sure you know about the animal and can give some facts and not just 'they're cute' type of comments.
    Task 2
    We went into groups (mine was a group of three) and were told to make a bridge out of newspaper and sellotape, sturdy enough for an iPad to sit on and tall enough for it to fit under. They are looking for you to be able to lead as well as take in everyone's suggestions etc
    Task 3
    Every team was given something from the shop and asked to make a tv/radio ad for it. We were given a kids aquarium and some accessories. Again make it sound upbeat and factual and highlight everything you are given.
    After you are taken away with one of the colleagues for a mini interview which went really well for me as I got on great with the guy and knew a lot about the company already. So I left on a high.

The next day I got a call to come in for a work trial/interview. I was pretty excited for this.
    I went in a couple of days later for it and it started with a longer interview with the manager this time. I don't know how many people he had seen before me but while I tried my best he didn't seem too bothered with me. I tried not to be put off when I went for my work trial after. I was passed around 3 different colleagues to do tills, stock and cleaning out cages. I got positive feedback from all the colleagues but felt like the manager had already chose who he wanted. So after this stage I wasn't feeling so confident.

2 days later I missed the call but got a voicemail and email saying I wasn't successful.

Overall I was confident and I really wanted the job but didn't get it. Seems like A LOT of time and effort for a part time store colleague position.

Part-Time Store Colleague Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pets at Home (Bicester, England (UK)) in March 2018.

Interview

I was contacted 1 week after applying to attend a group interview the following week.

The group interview was very relaxed and simple. If this is your first group interview - Remember, a lot of these people (Or even all) are in the exact same position as you are. Just be yourself, and don't concentrate on the competitive element.

In our group, we were asked to introduce ourselves - Say our name and what animals we have. If we had no animals, bring up any animal experience you do have.
    Our first task as a group was to make a bridge out of only tape and newspaper that would be strong enough to hold fish tank ornaments. This is a way to see how you are in a group. The best thing you can do is speak up, pitch your items, work with each of the group and don't be afraid to ask questions to the interviewers.
    After the task, we were informed of what the job would be like for us and we were allowed to ask questions as a group. This job isn't all about the animals and the retail side to it is heavily included. We were told that it was 20% animals, 80% customers and retail sided. So be prepared for that.
    After this was over, we were then asked for a one to one interview with one of the store's team members. Afterwards, I thanked them following up with a hand shake.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Questions that I asked after the interview:

"Do you have a KPI system in place?"
    "If I notice an animal that is acting out of the ordinary, what would be my first course of action?"

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Interview Questions

• How did you find the group task?   1 Answer
    • What is your flexibility over the week? (Hours and days you are able to do).   1 Answer