Pets at Home Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pets at Home Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Pets at Home

2.8

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Pets at Home in November 2018.

Interview

Applied online and got a response within a few days saying my application was successful and I was invited to a group interview (there was around 14 of us) which overall was a really good experience it was a fun way to meet some of the team. We had to talk about our animals, then build a tower out of paper and finally design a new product and present it to the rest of the group. The day after 6 of us got through to 'the next stage' which was a 'work trail' and a longer interview this was the part which I felt was not as good as the group interview I turned up for my time slot but they were running late with the interviews so I did some till work, stacking the shelves and cleaning the animals out and then I had around an hour where I was just standing around sweeping and trying to find shelves to neaten up to pass some time haha! Then I finally got my interview which wasn't the best experience if you don't like REALLY on the spot questions there was around 30 questions.

Interview Questions

Pets at Home Response

Dec 3, 2018 – Social Customer Care Manager

Hi,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your thoughts. I'm so pleased you enjoyed our interview process & found it to be a positive experience. We take a lot of pride in our... More

Other Interview Reviews for Pets at Home

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coalville, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pets at Home (Coalville, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

Before the interview process even started, it was already obvious who was going to be getting the job. One of the people coming in for the interview was already friends with most of the staff, helped them set up the chairs, handed out paper to everyone and basically acted liked she already worked there. Considering it's up to the staff, not the manager, who decides who gets the job, it seems the best way to get a job at Pets At Home is to already know the staff before the interview.

I had a similar process to everyone else on here with introducing ourselves, choosing the pet we'd like to have and the group activity to sell a product. The store manager was very nice and made sure everyone got to have their say, but the rest of the staff were mostly just bothered with the girl they already knew and didn't care much about the rest of us. A few other people there also commented that they already thought this girl was probably going to get the job no matter what, and this was pretty disheartening when we'd all put in the effort to come over to the store on a Sunday evening and given up hours of our time for this job.

The "interview" at the end of the evening lasted about 5 minutes and was constantly interrupted by other members of staff coming in to talk to the person interviewing me. Not that that really mattered, as the girl interviewing me seemed like she couldn't care less what I was saying and seemed more like she just wanted me to hurry up so she could go home. I have years of retail experience so I had plenty to talk about, but it felt more like she didn't care what I had to say and just wanted me to shut up. No handshake or "thank you for your time" at the end, just a "that's it, you can go now, close the door on your way out." I have a feeling if the store manager had interviewed me rather than this girl I would've done much better, as he was much easier to talk to and was the only one who actually showed some interest in the rest of the people who applied.

The next day, as expected, I got a generic email saying I'd been unsuccessful. Not that I would've bothered to waste even more of my time coming in for a work trial anyway, when it was obvious I had no chance at getting the job. I had already wasted one Sunday evening and petrol money going to the group interview, that was enough.

The only reason I would even shop at this Pets At Home again after this poor experience is that the store manager was absolutely lovely and a credit to the company. The rest of the staff, not so much. I expect the next time I go into Pets At Home, it will be the girl who was already friends with the staff who will be serving me at the till.

Don't bother applying unless you already know people who work there. If you see one of the applicants chatting to the staff like they're already friends before the interview starts, just get up and leave. Don't waste your time like I did.

Interview Questions

• Even though this job was advertised at 16 hours a week, are you happy to work 40+ hours a week every week, as this is what we expect from you?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pudsey, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pets at Home (Pudsey, England (UK)) in April 2018.

Interview

Applied online with some basic questions like when have you ever received or delivered customer service, what animal would you be ETC. I then got an interview in store saying it was a group interview. When I got there there were 5 other people being interviewed for the same position. We had to do 3 group tasks, the first one was stand up and say how many pets you have and what they mean to you. Then we had to make a hamster maze using a real hamster, which was quite fun. They were looking for people who can communicate as a group and make sure you can work as a team. Then we had to think of a new product a bit like Dragons Den, again very easy process. Before you get there make sure you are panicking because it honestly is the easiest, most chilled out interview I’ve ever been to. Then a team member had an informal interview with me asking about previous job experience, when you could start, how you’d get to work ETC. However, I lived too far and it would be a struggle for me getting to work early mornings. Good luck to everyone :)

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ashington, North East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pets at Home (Ashington, North East England, England (UK)) in March 2018.

Interview

Application form is scored. Invited to group assessment. Talk about a pet . Build a newspaper tower. Sell a new product like on dragons den. Then go for work trial and another interview. Haven’t done this yet