Pets at Home Store Manager Designate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Pets at Home Store Manager Designate Interview Questions

Interviews at Pets at Home

2.3

Store Manager Designate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Egham, England (UK)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pets at Home (Egham, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online after receiving a message on LinkedIn. I didn't hear back for a few weeks then got an email asking me to come for an interview and work trial at a store. When I attended the store it all seemed a bit disorganised. The store manager wasn't ready for me so I was told to have a walk round the store while I waited, not the best welcome.
I found it strange that I was being interviewed for a store manager role by a store manager. I have never come across this in my career. If you were hiring for a caretaker would you get your other caretaker to do the interview?!
The interview was conducted in the office which is also the canteen, and a very small room. I had to answer questions such as 'what's your current salary?' And 'what salary are you expecting?' in front of staff who were taking their lunch breaks. When I told the store manager I wasn't comfortable discussing salaries in front of their staff they told me to do it anyway.
The store manager who interviewed me seemed like they didn't want me to be successful, they corrected me for saying 'staff' instead of 'colleagues' in quite an annoyed manner- don't expect people who don't work for you to know which terms you use! It's hardly the end of the world!
After the interview I had to complete tasks on the shop floor, I was left with a 'colleague' during this time and the manager didn't even observe me.
At the end, I was told I would hear back within 48 hours but I didn't. I received an email after 4 days. The email was generic and didn't even apply to me- it thanked me for attending an assessment evening which I never did!
Pets at Home, your recruitment process is shocking. All of the work you do to promote your brand is pointless when you treat people this way.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Pets at Home

Store Manager Designate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pets at Home.

Interview

Applied online, got an invite to an assessment session after 3 weeks. If you get through then you work an UNPAID 3 hour shift followed by an interview with the store manager, if you get through that you then get an interview with a regional manager...the whole thing can take 7 weeks! You won't get asked about yourself (we were told we would get to introduce ourselves, but after the iinterviewers introduced themselves this step was skipped) you also won't get asked about your management experience, or even if you like animals! Nothing about your pet experience, or anything relevant to the actual job. They are heavily focused on having fun. Half of the people due to be assessed didn't show up, and none of the interviewing team bothered to pay any attention to the candidates. Two of them spent the whole time chatting at the back of the room.
    Never disagree with anyone in your group....it'll make you seem "difficult" if they run their company like they run their interviews, I've had a lucky escape!

Interview Questions

• Gave us a list of 15 things they think are important to the company, in a group sort them in order of importance.   1 Answer
    • In a group make a bridge out of paper that can support a box.   1 Answer
    • Had a very rushed one on one interview.   1 Answer

Store Manager Designate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swansea, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pets at Home (Swansea, Wales (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Was invited to a interview with the store manager and area manager in my local Store 3 weeks after applying for the role. This was down to a systems error I was told. No real issue. When I got to the store I made then aware of my arrival and was told that they were just finishing another interview and to walk round the store whilst I wait.....so I did for 35 minutes!!!! But disappointed in this as it took a manager 30 minutes to come and apologise. The interview itself lasted about 50 minutes when I finally got it and had the usual questions but the area manager went off on a tangent anytime he could and really liked the sound of his own voice. A shame really as when he was on point he sold the company very well so I was disappointed not to progress. I am acutely aware this may come across bitter but it is I feel a honest assessment.