Pets at Home Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Team Member

Pets at Home Team Member Interview Questions

Interviews at Pets at Home

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Pets at Home (Andover, England (UK)).

Interview

Got a email after about 4 months on asking to go to a "fun" activity evening on a Sunday night which I couldn't make with only 2 days notice so rearrange for a mid week time. The whole process took well over two hours, as soon as I got there was put straight on tills for 20 minutes. Then moved on to cleaning a hamster out, then putting stock out (I have over 20 years of retail experience with no negative comments). Then came the interview in the staff room during lunch with another interviewee in the room and people coming and going! Couldn't concentrate as during questions the manager was talking to other staff members. Found the whole process very strange. Didn't get the job but got a long phone call about all my faults and how nervous I was (it's an interview!) . Also got the feeling they had others in mind as feedback from other staff wasn't necessary true! Long long time for 16 hours a week.

Interview Questions

• what are you most proud of in your professional career?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Pets at Home

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pets at Home (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online, got an email a week later inviting me to the interview. The interview was being held at a hotel instead of the store like I had thought, but it was easy to get to. I had been on here before so I knew what to expect.

We seated in groups around tables, and first, there was a presentation about the company that took a couple of minutes. We were then told to prepare to introduce ourselves by stating our names and what pet we would have if we could. The supervisor's example was a black panther, so just any animal, and of course why. There were paper and pens provided if we needed to take notes to remember. We then went around with the presentations. After that, we got the task to in the group we were sitting (in mine we were three) to build as tall of a tower as we could using only newspaper and sellotape. Then the groups were mixed up, and we were told to choose three items from an assortment of products from the store, and then in the group make a TV ad for Pets At Home using those objects. We had twenty minutes to come up with that and rehearse, and then we all showed our ads. Lastly, there was a very short interview, where they just asked how we would get to the job, what hours we were available and so on, and then the group interview was done.

I was feeling very nervous about going there, I don't do interviews very well, because I am a bit shy, but I felt great during this interview.

Thought for the first time that an interview actually went well and I was happy and hyped afterwards, ready to take on the next part. Sadly, I was not chosen to proceed in their interview process, which confused me (I'm saying this after being to group interviews where I had thought that I wouldn't hire myself amongst all the others). But it was a good time there, so it is not much to be nervous about, just do your best.
    Side note; they kept saying "you didn't know this morning when you wake up that you would do exercises like *this*! And I was just thinking: yes. yes I did.

Interview Questions