Pew Charitable Trusts Administrative Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 15, 2017

2.5

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pew Charitable Trusts (Washington, DC) in June 2017.

Interview

I have applied online and I was scheduled for a phone interview. The recruiter called and interview question were based on the information in my resume. After the initial phone Interview, they have sent me a office suites proficiency test that included Ms Word and Outlook as well as reading comprehension test. Do some research before taking these tests because they do need some preparation. Using word and outlook in day to day operation will not guarantee that you will be able to pass the test.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Pew Charitable Trusts

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pew Charitable Trusts (Washington, DC).

Interview

Interview was a panel interview. The HR dept. Called me in at least three times for seperate interviews in different departments. Assuming it wasn't a good fit I never received an offer. The HR dept. Never returned my email or calls after the last interview. So if there's no offer dmt expect a courtesy call back. You must be persistent during the interview process for feedback.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in nonprofit? Do you have tuff skin?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pew Charitable Trusts (Washington, DC).

Interview

I was brought in to do an interview and skills assessment. The staff was very polite and professional, but not exactly warm. I was given an overview of the company and the assessment and then left to complete it in my own time. Once it was completed, I had another chat where my skills and history were discussed. The interviewer was very helpful, patient and thorough. Next, a Talent Acquisition Manager came to do a follow up. The whole process took two or three hours. The team was very quick about follow up and communicating next steps.

Interview Questions

• The assessment was a little trickier than I expected. I think that we are all so used to using spell and grammer check that we forget how to to it the old fashioned way. Only a small percentage of people invited to interview pass the assessment so make sure you brush up on your skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Pew Charitable Trusts (Washington, DC) in January 2009.

Interview

I wwent through several rounds of interviews at Pew. Usually you start with HR interview plus skills test. Then you have at least 2 more interviews with the project team and hiring manager. An additional skills or writing test may be required. For higher level positions, you have a final interview with the Managing Director.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, though I wish I had. Pew only gives annual raises of a small percentage (2.5-3%) and no bonuses. Negotiate!

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pew Charitable Trusts in March 2010.

Interview

The HR team at Pew does a fantastic job matching candidates with a position that will work for them. I really appreciated the tips and advice I received from the HR recruiter. When I made it to the second round of interviews, the interviewers were very candid and personable-- a main reason I decided to take the job when it was offered!