Pew Charitable Trusts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pew Charitable Trusts Interview Questions

Updated May 15, 2017

3.2

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pew Charitable Trusts.

Interview

I saw a job post for an Executive Assistant in their Executive Office on Indeed. I applied on March 14 and on April 14, I received an automated email stating that they chose someone for the position. I was surprised that I even received a rejection email since I never got a chance to interview with them.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Pew Charitable Trusts (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

It was well organized, and meticulous in its approach. Clear expectations and process that was followed. The only issue I had was with the salary negotiation process. There was none. They made an offer without the ability to have input.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Pew and not another organization doing similar work?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Pew Charitable Trusts (Telephone, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Contacted a few weeks after application for a screening interview with HR personnel. The gentleman was very nice and I met all the position requirements. Then months went by with no communication at all until I received a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• direct questions about my knowledge and experience related to the position. current salary was also asked.   Answer Question

Research Officer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pew Charitable Trusts in September 2015.

Interview

Applied first week of September and had an phone interview 2 days later. Interview lasted close to an hour and I thought it went well. HR is a bit flaky. Have been told numerous times that they will get back to me the next day. Wait a week or more and no response. Check back in and sometimes they get back saying they will know something by the next day. Another week plus goes by. Its been more than 6 weeks and still no answer regarding the position.

Interview Questions

• Typical softball HR questions. Strengths and weaknesses. What do you like about Pew?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pew Charitable Trusts (Washington, DC).

Interview

Interview was a panel interview. The HR dept. Called me in at least three times for seperate interviews in different departments. Assuming it wasn't a good fit I never received an offer. The HR dept. Never returned my email or calls after the last interview. So if there's no offer dmt expect a courtesy call back. You must be persistent during the interview process for feedback.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in nonprofit? Do you have tuff skin?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pew Charitable Trusts.

Interview

The process started with a phone interview with their recruiter. I waited about a week and a half before I was contacted for an in-person interview. It wasn't until I got to the interview that I was notified that it was a panel interview. Also, before you come in for the person interview, they send you a very long second application/background check.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pew Charitable Trusts (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a phone screening, then a phone interview with three members of the team I was interviewing for. They said my experience was that which they would seek for a senior associate. However, right before making me an offer said I did not have enough full time work experience and reneged on everything we had discussed. Very unprofessional when all of that information had been discussed and was known.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to be a leader on a project.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pew Charitable Trusts.

Interview

The interview process with Pew is very thorough. First, I was contacted for a phone interview and then I had an in person interview. After being scheduled for an in person interview, I had to complete a lengthy full application. The in person interview was conducted by two people in the department. I thought the interview went well but I did not receive a call back. I thought it was quite rude that I did not receive a call back after completing a long application ( similar to a government background check) and a one hour interview with multiple people. They could have at least politely declined me. Listen to the other Glassdoor reviewers when they tell you that this company does not appreciate people. The interviewers hinted to a very challenging environment throughout the interview.

Fellow Interview

Interview

Interviewed with multiple teams about multiple fellowship positions. Everyone was cordial but no one went out of their way to make the interviewees feel welcome. There wasn't really a structured set of questions or discussion points for any of the interviewers. I was quickly invited into a conference room for the interview and didn't wait too long for interviewers to come in. The office space is beautiful but a little cold.

Interview Questions

• The lack of questions was the most off putting thing about the interview.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pew Charitable Trusts.

Interview

Hiring process was very straightforward. I received a call from the recruiter and was given an overview of the job and we discussed briefly how my background and qualifications aligned with the position. I was then invited for an in-person interview at headquarters where I met with the team leads. They were very nice and polite and answered all my questions. It became clear that my long term goals did not necessarily align with the duties of the position and we discussed that openly. They were candid with me and, though I did not receive an offer, I did not expect to after our conversation.

Interview Questions

• A few behavioral interview questions, but mostly questions related to the ability and willingness to perform the day-to-day tasks of the job.   Answer Question