Pew Charitable Trusts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

51 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate, Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pew Charitable Trusts (Washington, DC).

Interview

Applied online and received an email from HR within a week or two. Fairly easy phone screening, went over the job description and my resume/ qualifications. Was informed that my resume would be sent to the hiring manager and to follow up then.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with writing during a set deadline?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Pew Charitable Trusts (Washington, DC) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online and a couple of weeks later a phone interview. Then radio silence for 2 weeks and then invited for a one on one interview. Interview went well, but radio silence for a month month. Phone interview was basic run down of position and my background. One one one interview with manager, going over background and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Going over background and what you would do in certain situations   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

Phone screening with HR. They told me about the position, confirmed a lot of the parameters of the job description, like number of years of experience, and then asked me to elaborate on some of my experiences on my resume and various qualifications for the job. Have moved to next round but still waiting on further rounds of interviews for determination.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pew Charitable Trusts in September 2017.

Interview

The process was fairly standard; I engaged in a screening call with an HR rep, had a 1 hour phone interview with the team, and then had a video interview (I was applying from a different city). The HR staff was fantastic - very communicative and clearly trying to make everything as fun and simple as possible. I so appreciated them.

Interview Questions

• Would you be able to maintain political neutrality, even on polarizing issues?   Answer Question

Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pew Charitable Trusts.

Interview

Spoke with a human resources staffer ("recruiter") by telephone. One hour call scheduled; went significantly longer.
    Recruiter was highly professional, friendly, and thorough in describing the position, the workplace, and the organization. Answered all of my questions completely. Explained that the hiring officials would make a decision on which candidates to interview, and told me to contact her if I did not hear from them.

I did not hear from them, so I contacted her. Then, nothing. No response of any kind.

Other interviewees report accurately that Pew makes it exceedingly clear that they will demand to know your salary history and that their offer, should they make one, will be non-negotiable. As it was stated to me, they believe that the prestige of working for Pew makes up for some of the pay.

Pardon me, Pew, while I ask the bank if they will accept prestige as a form of mortgage payment. OOPS--they don't!

The practice of demanding salary history is at best suspicious. This tactic tends to keep historically underpaid categories of people at lower pay rates, notably women. Though I am a white male, I still refuse to disclose salary history as it encourages this very slimy behavior by employers.

Pew, and any organizations as self-aggrandizing as Pew, a word of advice: GET OVER YOURSELVES. Professional staff still require commensurate salaries, regardless of how prestigious you believe yourselves to be, and demanding salary history is an ethically questionable practice.

Interview Questions

• Just the usual boilerplate interview questions. If you've had one or two interviews, you've already heard all of them.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pew Charitable Trusts (Washington, DC) in June 2017.

Interview

I have applied online and I was scheduled for a phone interview. The recruiter called and interview question were based on the information in my resume. After the initial phone Interview, they have sent me a office suites proficiency test that included Ms Word and Outlook as well as reading comprehension test. Do some research before taking these tests because they do need some preparation. Using word and outlook in day to day operation will not guarantee that you will be able to pass the test.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pew Charitable Trusts.

Interview

I saw a job post for an Executive Assistant in their Executive Office on Indeed. I applied on March 14 and on April 14, I received an automated email stating that they chose someone for the position. I was surprised that I even received a rejection email since I never got a chance to interview with them.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Pew Charitable Trusts (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

It was well organized, and meticulous in its approach. Clear expectations and process that was followed. The only issue I had was with the salary negotiation process. There was none. They made an offer without the ability to have input.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Pew and not another organization doing similar work?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pew Charitable Trusts (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

HR is pretty trash. They have this thing called "internal equity" which I think is latin for "we will screw you on salary". Besides that it was pretty straight forward, phone screen - in person - in person - offer letter.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with bureaucracy   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Pew Charitable Trusts (Telephone, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Contacted a few weeks after application for a screening interview with HR personnel. The gentleman was very nice and I met all the position requirements. Then months went by with no communication at all until I received a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• direct questions about my knowledge and experience related to the position. current salary was also asked.   Answer Question