PexSupply Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PexSupply Interview Questions

2.3

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Sent coding question to be completed in 48 hours. Gave three questions and asked to answer one. It was pretty doable and the time meant I could think through and solve the problem easily.

Marketing Division Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmingdale, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PexSupply (Farmingdale, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly haphazard. The questions were rushed and I didn't feel like the people at this company really cared about what they were doing. There wasn't any enthusiasm -- they were going through the motions of hiring someone, I guess. The follow-up was slow and their response time to any question is a couple days. This company probably needs a shake up with more qualified, professional HR representatives.

Interview Questions

• Generic questions you can obtain with a Google search.   Answer Question

Social Media/Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmingdale, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PexSupply (Farmingdale, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

At first i received and email to see if I wanted to start the interview process. From there, they gave me a question to respond to in a few paragraphs. Finally there was a Skype interview with two separate people. The questions felt repetitive and it did not see professional.

Java Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmingdale, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PexSupply (Farmingdale, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

First round HR video interview,just some normal behavior questions, second round take home test with three programming questions,need to complete it within 48 hours. And second day I got a call from HR that said I got an onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Implement a Java method to draw a command line version of the swoosh, with signature
      public void drawSwoosh(int width) {}
      Answer Question

Accounts Payable Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PexSupply.

Interview

I had five interviewers, they were all very nice, but it wasn't very organized. It was one interviewer at a time and they had very similar if not, the same questions. At the end I was told I would hear by mid-next week, for step 2. I never heard.

Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PexSupply in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process was a bit strange.

First you go through a phone interview. For some reason, they asked me what my SAT scores were, what my GPA was in high school and what my GPA was in college. I found those questions unrelated to the position. My SAT scores and GPA from high school are irrelevant and it doesn't matter what my GPA was in college because it was art school. Just because someone has a high GPA in art college doesn't mean there work is good and vise versa. I politely explained this to them.

The next step is where you meet them in person. They seemed nice and it looked like a cool place to work. They told me the next step would be to have me come in and work for 4 hours to see how I got along with everyone.

They didn't call me back. They liked my work and I thought everything went great. I got in touch with them and all they said was they decided to keep looking.

Well I guess they have all the time in the world because after a year they still looking. Yes you read that right. I interviewed with them last year (2014) and now it's 2015. I saw them post the same ad on craigslist last week. It seems like every 3 - 4 months, they post the same ad. Sometimes they post on indeed too.

I have no idea what they're looking for but it gives me the impression the company doesn't know what they are looking for either. I would advise anyone if they saw their ad not to apply. They clearly don't know what they want.

P.S. They changed their name to Supply House. They are no longer PexSupply.

Java Programmer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PexSupply.

Interview

Skype with HR and Lead Developer

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between arrayList and LinkedList?
      Explain the Hashtable
      Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PexSupply (Long Island City, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

I've summit my resume through University's Job search website and days after they gives me an call to arrange an phone interview. After the interview, they decided to bring me to on-site. During the on-site interview, I've met their HR, Programmer, CIO the overall process occupied around 5 hours.

At last they decided to hire an full-time instead of summer intern, however i still have one more semester to graduate so that, there is no offer finally.

Search Engine Marketing - PPC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PexSupply (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed by Pex Supply at a career fair hosted by my university. I was interviewed the day after the fair for the position of a PPC analyst. The interview was primarily an HR interview with some questions about my previous work and the nature of the position.

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Farmingdale, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PexSupply (South Farmingdale, NY) in December 2010.

Interview

At the Hiring and Interview Process, PexSupply is looking for people who are comfortable being themselves. They do not want to speak with you representative, they want you. They look for humility, intelligence, and the ability to constantly think outside the box. The more that you are able to be yourself, then the better your chances of being hired are.

Interview Questions

• I think that I was asked if I could be an animal, then which animal would I choose to be?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They told me how much they would be paying me and I accepted.