Pfizer Associate Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Associate Scientist

Pfizer Associate Scientist Interview Questions

Interviews at Pfizer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearl River, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pfizer (Pearl River, NY).

Interview

Met with three different research groups, each with 3-7 people. Heavily focused on resume experience. Everyone was very friendly for the most part and only asked questions not to challenge me, but to gain understanding. A lot of people were definitely looking at my resume for the first time upon walking into the room.

Interview Questions

• Questions specific to my resume regarding my experience.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Pfizer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearl River, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pfizer (Pearl River, NY) in November 2018.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted within hours for an onsite interview. It was a short (~15 min) panel interview with seven members of the group where each asked 1-2 prepared questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing you would bring to this position.   1 Answer

Associate Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview

First, a 10 min phone interview, then I heard back a week later that I had an in-person interview, then a week later I was offered the job. It was a very quick process, and the interviews were very comfortable - more typical questions you would expect in an interview rather than technical.

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance when you failed and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pfizer (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

Phone screen and then on-site interview. Entire day and was traveling from out of state. The admin person did not do a good job with setting up flights/hotels/rental car to get to the site. They wanted to make an offer but took too long and I went with another company offer instead. I would beware of how Pfizer is scheduling interviews. They made me put flights, hotels, and rental car bookings on my OWN credit card. They never reimbursed me many months on. Flights were $500 since they wanted me to interview with 5 days notice. Hotel cost $200. Rental car cost $100. I am glad I didn't take an offer from them due to how stingy they are even during the interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Pearl River, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Pfizer (Pearl River, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Ask you mostly questions about yourself, essentially they want you to elaborate on the information you put down in your resume. Afterwards, they give you the job description and begin asking questions. They may ask questions that tests your science background.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nanuet, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer (Nanuet, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

I received a phone call, and a team of 3-4 people asked me various questions about the position, my resume, and my experience. Very business, but friendly. Interviewers spoke one at a time, but conversation was on speakerphone so all were able to hear the proceedings.

Anonymous Employee in Pearl River, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer (Pearl River, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied for the job through Pfizers website, was contacted for a phone interview about two weeks later. Phone interview was quick, only asked resume based questions, basically to make sure you aren't lying about your skills experience. Later that day received an email for face to face interview the following week. Face to face at Pfizer was panel style interview with four Scientists you would be working for, some behavioral type questions and also basic skills questions as well.

Anonymous Employee in McPherson, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Pfizer (McPherson, KS) in March 2016.

Interview

Roughly a 5 hour process that had me either sit and tour or tour and talk with at least 8 persons in different departments throughout the lab. A portion of the process had one on one discussions and others were group sessions.

Hiring process was pretty quick and onboarding was very scheduled.

Interview Questions

• Asked general questions about what kind of work I had done in the past, gave me some scenarios to give my opinion on or to describe how I would handle.

Also, asked some questions regarding why I left some of my previous positions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pfizer (New York, NY).

Interview

I first had a phone interview and then got selected for face to face interview but unfortunately was not hired after that round. They decided to go for someone with more experience.

Interview Questions

• How well I work in a team and what are my qualifications suited for the job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer (Raleigh, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

The process took about 4 weeks. Phone interview followed by on-site interview. Questions about background/experience as well as some behavioral type questions. The interview was in front of a panel, each asking different questions. Overall, the experience was really good. Everyone was welcoming, it felt comfortable and the questions were not difficult, just what you would expect at an interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Describe a situation where you had to problem solve/etc.   Answer Question