Pfizer Interview Questions in Cambridge, MA | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 12, 2017

2.9

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pfizer (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

First round phone call (1hr), followed by a standard interview day. A research talk, and then 30min individual meetings with junior and senior team members. It was very typical to academic postdoctoral interview days.

Interview Questions

• All questions were science based, and related to the position or the research presented in the talk.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

Started with a behavioral phone interview with an HR recruiter, who told me that in a few days I would be contacted by the hiring manager's secretary for a phone interview with the hiring manager. One or two weeks went by with no contact and no response to my follow-up, then I received an invitation for an on-site. Met with 5-6 people who asked a mix of behavioral and background/experience questions. It seemed to go well with positive feedback from interviewers. Followed up with HR a few weeks later and received no response. Followed up with the secretary who forwarded my email to the recruiter; finally received a response that the decision process would take a few weeks from then. Two months later and no update. No response to follow-up. Overall the worst experience I've had with HR from any workplace; really solidifies my original impression that the company does not care about candidates or its people, just the bottom line.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of time where you had to find a solution to a problem.   Answer Question

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Pfizer (Cambridge, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

The entire process took 3.5 months. Received an email from HR one day after I applied online. Talked with him a week later. Then,,, met with the hiring manager for about an hour a week later. The response was positive, but I didn't hear from the manager for another month. Then I was invited for on-site visit. Gave 1 hour presentation, talked with 4 lab heads, and senior level leader at the end of the interview. Originally they told me I would know the result within 2 weeks from the on-site. But then somehow the process got delayed,,, and finally 1.5 month after my on-site, I was told that the position was filled through internal transfer.

Linux Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Pfizer (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

There were several conversations with recruiter with relatively little technical contact and then phone and in-person interviews with the manager. The manager with the company spoke in a low-key manner and didn't ask much about details of my background. The agency didn't seem to want to know more than what's on my resume. I wasn't told much about their organization -- how some people don't get fixed stations but rather find places to work when they come in, that they use Windows system to provide username-password pairs for this Linux systems, that they are dependent on off-site managers for software support and communication.

Interview Questions

• What is your Linux system administration experience?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated through the recruiting agency. Recommendations? Ask for more. You might or might not

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer (Cambridge, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

I filled out the application online. The interview was done over the phone since I was not in Massachusetts at the time. She asked me about what I am studying at school, my lab job at school, and my technical abilities. After I was hired, I had to do a background check and drug test.

Lab Head Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Pfizer (Cambridge, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

Submitted application on-line. Called by recruiter ~2 weeks later to set-up phone interview. Recruiter then set-up a phone interview with the Area Head the post reported to. Invited to a full day of on-site to give a seminar and be interviewed. It was a very long day, but enjoyable and informative. Everyone I dealt with was very pleasant, highly professional and clearly smart. In brief: seminar, several 1:1 discussions with area head throughout the day, six or seven 1:1 discussions with peers, senior colleagues (area heads, COO) and personnel, lunch with more junior, but very experienced staff and dinner with peers and area head.

I really enjoyed my visit and the opportunity to speak with all involved. I was not offered the post, which was no surprise as my expertise and experience were not the best match. It was however a bit irritating that I had to initiate contact 4-weeks later to find out if I was being considered further. I also asked for feedback, but that was not forthcoming either. Kind of a shame they let themselves down a bit at the end as all other aspect of this process were first rate, even though I was not for them.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unusual or sinister. All very straight forward. Questions from all concerned were based on my experience and to determine if I may or may not be a good fit for the post.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer (Cambridge, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied through posting on my school's career site; 1-2 weeks later I got a call from Pfizer's staffing partner company to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manger; had a 30-min phone interview with the manager; then an on-site visit (he told me more about the proposed project details, showed me around the lab and introduce me to his boss); got notification of offer the day after the on-site visit.

Interview Questions

• The hiring manager was very interested in the details of my previous research projects.   Answer Question

-A better offer from a competitor company (more interesting science, better benefits)

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Pfizer (Cambridge, MA) in April 2012.

Interview

I went through an outside staffing agency. Then I applied online and within a week I had a phone interview. The interview was straight forward.
    Questions were based on my resume.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pfizer (Cambridge, MA) in April 2012.

Interview

I got the email distributed from our school dean. I guess someone knew our school and would like to have candidates from our school. When I got the work description, I found that was perfetly match my background and I know all of what they required. So the whole application was very smooth, since my background was match and our school has very good reputation.

Therapeutic Antibody Screening Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer (Cambridge, MA) in March 2012.

Interview

I had one phone screen with the person who would be my direct supervisor and one on-site interview before receiving an offer. The interview process and questions were very standard

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you worked on and how you handled a problem related to the project   Answer Question