Pfizer Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pfizer Director Interview Questions

3.4

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pfizer (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Thorough. Very specific questions. They asked to make specific examples using the star framework ( situation, task, action, result). Internation experience was vauled. Need to explain how exposure to different ciltures helped increase open mind set and personal skills. Porovide examples of leadership and accountability.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Pfizer

Director Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview

The hiring process was somewhat lengthy, but overall they moved quickly. It began with a Phone interview followed by several one on one, in person interviews with members of the team the applicant would work with. The last interview was a larger format interview with a panel of leaders at NY Headquarters.

Interview Questions

• Describe your past experience, many questions about interpersonal workings: how do you work as a team, how do you handle difficult situations, when did you shine as a leader, what are your ambitions?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of when you dealt with a difficult situation and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview

Lasted around four months and seemed to be pretty unorganized. Should have communicated more with applicants to make it a transparent process. Feedback on reasoning could have also been more direct and helpful when not offered the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearl River, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Pfizer (Pearl River, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

After phone screen interview, they invited to come to Perl River facility. It took the whole day: meeting with 12 people, doing presentation. But it seems that the decision to hire someone else was made even before I came for the interview.

Interview Questions

• There were a lot of questions about qualification for the position   Answer Question

Director Interview

Interview

The interview process was very detailed. It started with multiple phone interviews, then an on-site visit with both individual and group interviews and a presentation. The process was very formal from the questions asked to the forms that the interviewers had to fill out.

Interview Questions

• The questions were more specific than anything I have ever been asked at any interview. At first I thought this was a sign of a very thoughtful process, but later it became a bit ridiculous. Some of the questions had absolutely nothing to do with anything I would do on the job, yet I was asked those questions anyway. If that is a tactic to get people to answer "off the wall questions" then fine. However, it makes me suspect that some of the HR formalities are completely out of touch with what is needed for the position. Some interviewers seemed desperate to fill in their worksheets.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

Phone screen, panel interview with peers, one on one with hiring manager. Panel interview used structured format with scripted questions, targeted process with each person assigned particular questions related to technical skills, people skills, handling challenges, successes in prior roles.

Director Interview

Interview

There was no hiring process as during the King/Pfizer acquisition, upper management decided who should stay and who should go. Not a very effective method as Pfizer never got the real picture of where the work was being done. Additionally, if there were strained relationships, that played into the decision as well

Director Interview

Interview

Good process with coordinated team sharing questions to cover different areas of requirements. Facilitated by hiring manager and HR recruiter.

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Pfizer in April 2010.

Interview

months went by between interview and offer letter

Interview Questions

• how would you handle situation where your boss instructed you to do something that all of his peers disagreed with   Answer Question