Pfizer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pfizer Interview Questions

Updated Dec 10, 2017

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pfizer (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was far to long (7 weeks) series of pointless phone and video interviews all of which booked down to a desk interview in which weeks upon weeks of the same questions were then asked again.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer (Cairo (Egypt)) in March 2013.

Interview

Technical, English and Soft Skills.
    Interview Type
     IQ Test
     Background Check
     Presentation
     Other

Interview Questions

• What Do You Know about The Active Directory?   1 Answer

Industrial Maintenance Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barceloneta, PR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pfizer (Barceloneta, PR) in September 2016.

Interview

active an long interview,whit tree Engineers , people that have a lot a questions about the process experience, equipment's and every knowledge i suppose to now to the process maintenance

Interview Questions

• tell me how you do a tank entry in confined spaces area ? every step and who involved in this situation   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pfizer (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by Pfizer recruiter and asked to complete a one-way HireVue pre-recorded "interview" for two positions for which I had applied (two different locations). The e-mail indicated I should contact the recruiter if I had questions or needed assistance regarding accommodations. I replied immediately and requested a phone interview. I did this for a few reasons. A one-way video recording is not an interview IMO. I nature of an interview is for both parties to discover a match through a live question/answer conversation. I understand the economy is such that many employers feel it is a one-way discovery, but it is not nor has it ever been. The recorded process is unnatural and cold. Further, there are substantial legal permissions which the candidate must accept by the third party vendor (HireVue). These permissions are numerous and largely representprotect the third party vendor rather than candidates. As a candidate, I want to know specifically who owns the rights of my interview, who will view it, the security and length of time "my" video is stored. No computer software is free from being intercepted, even at the highest levels. Having said this, neither Hire Vue nor the Pfizer recruiter responded to my many e-mails asking for details of the recorded interviews. The recruiter did not reply to a single one of my repeated e-mails asking for accommodations for a phone interview. I e-mailed Pfizer HR department and politely explained that I had not heard back from the initial recruiter and asked for an alternate method to interview as per her e-mail. I only receive a reply approximately one onth later from HR explaining that the recruiter had left her position, that I was not being considered as other candidates more closely fit with the position/s. Hence, I was not given the opportunity to fairly interview for either position nor accommodated as per the recruiting departments policies. Moreover, it is bothersome that the employer nor the initial recruiter did not reply to my request for accommodation at all and chose other candidates. It was a very distasteful experience to be treated like this. I wonder if EOE would be interested in the lack of accountability given the laws governing such practices. Furthermore, if requiring photos with resume submissions are not permitted, than neither should one-way "interviews" where the candidate never meets with HR. I am advocating fairness and support in alignment with EOE. Hire Vue presents several behavioral questions which really belong in a psychologist office, not HR.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Pfizer in September 2016.

Interview

What do you mean by hiring and interview process? I applied via an employee referral.

Process was awful. You were blindsided by questions that you couldnt answer. You were looking at yourself the entire time which is not helpful because then you focus on your flaws.

Country Brand Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria (Egypt)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pfizer (Alexandria (Egypt)) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview began with a case study for a new product newly introduced in the Egyptian market with complete sales overview and market overview with a full picture on market dynamics and rivals performance.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect to add to your product line   1 Answer

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer (San Diego, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Phone interview was fairly standard: tell me about yourself, what are your skills and experience, why did you leave your last job. In-person interview was decidedly prosecutorial. They tried to find a narrow area in which I had little experience then asked many obscure questions about that area, as if they were trying to prove to themselves I was unqualified for the job.

Interview Questions

• Since this was a drug metabolism job, they asked if I knew which drug metabolizing enzymes acted on a particular drug. This is something that's easy to look up but you probably wouldn't know unless you had worked with that drug. I didn't know off the top of my head.   1 Answer

Professional Healthcare Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pfizer (San Jose, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied for position and received digital interview invite two days later. The process was very unexpected. Interview questions were timed recorded responses. I am generally a stellar interviewee and definitely feel this digital platform contributed to my substandard interview. After two weeks, I did not receive a response either way. To improve I should have spent more time with the digital platform and delivered my responses more succinctly

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer (New York, NY).

Interview

Very thorough interview process - 12 sit downs for 30 minutes each, very intriguing questions around company vision, local and global, strategy for 5 years etc This has been an interesting experience which will value your research about company etc

Interview Questions

• Well rounded questions?
      Business Relationships?
      Technology Delivery?   1 Answer

Label Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pfizer (Lake Forest, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Hiring manager drilled me with questions, testing to what point I would not have an answer. Eventually, you should reach a point of not having an answer. The hiring manager was mostly interested in how prepared for the interview you were. For example, did you bring a resume, know the job title, know the company, know what's on your resume. The hiring manager was then only interested how you would answer questions while being pressed and if you would give simple easy answers. Most of the answers he was looking for was google it or send links to the information you googled.

Interview Questions

• Q: Does the resume you submitted match the resume you brought?
      Q: Do you know what job you are applying for?
      Q: What do you know in excel?
      Q: How do you do something in excel that you do not know how to do?
      Q: If I do not know how to do this thing in excel, how can you teach me?
      Q: If i am technology illiterate, how do you teach me excel?
      Q: What if I still don't get it?
      Q: How do you make it seem like it was my idea so I seem like the successful smart one?   1 Answer