Pfizer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pfizer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2017

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearl River, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pfizer (Pearl River, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Short phone interview with hiring manager. On-site interview including presentation and 30 minute interviews with research scientists. They generally did not ask questions, it was more you were expected to ask questions of them to generate conversation.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of questions about experiments. Specifically mechanism of drug action and mutational evidence of mechanism of action in the presentation.   Answer Question
    • Are okay leaving academics for an industry job?   Answer Question
    • Describe your research experience?   Answer Question
    • Are you okay with relocating?   Answer Question

Next Gen Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Pfizer (Austin, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

There were 3 interviewers on me and that made me very uncomfortable. They asked a lot of very difficult questions. The interview was scheduled for an hour but it only lasted about 15 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you worked within a group while also working with another group, and what was your role?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview

Straightforward interview process. First a video interview of 10 questions, then a phone interview, then in person and final interview with manager. They always keep in contact via email.
    STAR format questions, make sure to practice before and make sure you have enough examples for different situations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to manage your time? And how did you do it?   Answer Question
    • What is the most technical thing you've learned   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview

Phone interview with your typical behavioral questions. Some questions such as "what was one time where you had to work in a team" or "what are your strengths and weaknesses." Prepare ahead of time and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where there was conflict within a team-related project.   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

One Phone interview. Not that hard, the person was very nice. The interviewer asked about my resume and why I like the company. The interview started off very formal but toward the middle it just turned into a conversation.

Director, Regulatory Affairs Interview

Interview

Applied online in the early fall. About 1.5-2 month later was invited for a phone screen with two of the departments leadership. Within two weeks after that, I was invited in for a half day interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions where generally geared to how I would react in specific situations (STAR).   Answer Question

It really came down to me wanting to work on another companies product a little bit more.

QC Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pfizer (New York, NY).

Interview

First round interview was a phone call screening and follow by formal setting one to one. Interviewer was polite and courteous, however chemistry is important to ensure smooth Q and A .

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions ie please introduce yourself, supervisor experiences and greatest challenge STAR format   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer (Albany, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

First HireView online web interview which was a video chat. Prompt questions then you had 30 seconds to prepare and 3 minutes to answer. Then a phone interview, mostly situational. Now onto the 3rd

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Tell a time when you had to sell differently? ETC.   Answer Question

PR Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pfizer (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Extensive process with three interviews and I did not hear for a month that I was not selected. There was an initial call, followed by two in person interviews, and finally, a writing test.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pfizer (Lake Forest, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

interview was not prepared well for example the interviewers did not know who I was, had no knowledge of me and did not have my resume. Interview started 20 mins late.

Interview Questions

• Provide a detailed list of requirements related to force for a device.   1 Answer