Pfizer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pfizer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2017

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview

Phone interview with your typical behavioral questions. Some questions such as "what was one time where you had to work in a team" or "what are your strengths and weaknesses." Prepare ahead of time and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where there was conflict within a team-related project.   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

One Phone interview. Not that hard, the person was very nice. The interviewer asked about my resume and why I like the company. The interview started off very formal but toward the middle it just turned into a conversation.

Director, Regulatory Affairs Interview

Interview

Applied online in the early fall. About 1.5-2 month later was invited for a phone screen with two of the departments leadership. Within two weeks after that, I was invited in for a half day interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions where generally geared to how I would react in specific situations (STAR).   Answer Question

It really came down to me wanting to work on another companies product a little bit more.

QC Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pfizer (New York, NY).

Interview

First round interview was a phone call screening and follow by formal setting one to one. Interviewer was polite and courteous, however chemistry is important to ensure smooth Q and A .

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions ie please introduce yourself, supervisor experiences and greatest challenge STAR format   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer (Albany, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

First HireView online web interview which was a video chat. Prompt questions then you had 30 seconds to prepare and 3 minutes to answer. Then a phone interview, mostly situational. Now onto the 3rd

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Tell a time when you had to sell differently? ETC.   Answer Question

PR Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pfizer (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Extensive process with three interviews and I did not hear for a month that I was not selected. There was an initial call, followed by two in person interviews, and finally, a writing test.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pfizer (Lake Forest, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

interview was not prepared well for example the interviewers did not know who I was, had no knowledge of me and did not have my resume. Interview started 20 mins late.

Interview Questions

• Provide a detailed list of requirements related to force for a device.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview

So far I have only gotten as far as the first two round in the hiring process. After applying, you have to wait for a general regional recruiter to reach out to you by email and extend an invitation for a virtual interview which consists of 12 situational and behavioral questions using the virtual program/app. From my vast experience, the process takes anywhere from 2 - 10 weeks.

The questions response time is typically 3 minutes long and you have 30 seconds after the question has been asked to gather your thoughts and prepare a response.

If you're lucky enough to pass this interview, then you will be contacted by the local regional manager for the vacancy to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview is similar to the virtual interview except the manager may ask you to review your credentials on your resume over the phone with them and how it applies to what you're applying for, or ask the questions that were asked in the virtual interview but this time, base it off of personal situations or off of your resume.

The interviewers from my experience are respectful, transparent and professional. Bring your 'A' game.

Interview Questions

• All questions use the standard STAR method. Situation (at hand), Task (responsible for), Action (required and taken), Response.

-Tell us a bit about yourself based on your past work experience

-Why do you wish to pursue the Professional Healthcare Representative role?

-Tell us about a time you were creative in your approach

-Tell us about a time where you tried your best for something to occur, but in the end did not achieve the results you wanted

-Tell me about a time you showed great leadership

- Relate past skills to this position   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview

I am in the midst of the interview process. I was sent a link for a video interview with an application called HireVue in which a recruiter recorded themselves asking a question, and I was given 30 seconds to prepare, then 3 minutes to answer the question while being recorded. There were about 12 questions, but I believe 3 were questions in which I typed in my response. For example, am I willing to relocate, what do I expect to earn, ect. The video screening was a bit awkward. I suspect most candidates feel this way though, and I was offered to move on to a phone interview the next week.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you used your technical knowledge successfully. (or a derivative of this question)   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wheaton, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer (Wheaton, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Initial interview is through HireVU. You have 30 seconds to prepare your answer to the question provided and 3 minutes taped response. There were 13 questions and a few were written responses. One written response was also timed. The process is either done alone or you can schedule a live interview and interface with a representative.