Pfizer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 29, 2017

3.1

Packaging Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview process was fairly easy. They asked basic behavioral questions about leading teams, process improvement initiatives and other leadership qualities. Overall it was pretty simple to get the job but I didn't like the location.

Consumer Insights Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pfizer in April 2016.

Interview

After phone screens with HR and the hiring manager, I interviewed on site (an hr each with 3 people) and thought it went well enough. I didn't receive an offer, which is fine, but they went completely silent for nearly a month before letting me know, which was a bit lame.

Interview Questions

• They asked for many, many examples of noteworthy research initiatives I'd worked on. Candidates should prep to talk about a LOT of examples from their past studies.   Answer Question

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer (Boston, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Five days later I received an email asking for a phone interview. At the phone interview they asked me about my background and my skill set.
    I then got a formal interview with presentation + 7 1:1 interviews.
    First meeting with the Director, then oral presentation (40 min ppt +questions). I had lunch with the Director who asked me technical questions and "what would you do" type questions (about for example one project they have). Finally, I met with 5 people working in the group and one from another group in Pfizer.

Cell Biologist-Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Standard phone interview. Asked about my experiences, work history.
    In-depth on site interview. Presented my research to a group of scientists. All were very nice and had interesting questions.

No follow up. I have had one on site interview and 2 phone interviews, all for separate positions, but NEVER hear back from anyone after. I think it is poor practice to not notify candidates of their status

Interview Questions

• Do you have any oncology experience?
      How do you deal with multiple projects
      Answer Question

Inspector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pfizer (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2016.

Interview

The Interview process was simple and straightforward. First and foremost there was a test you have to complete in order to be interviewed and only upon passing the test will you be interviewed. I had previously taken the test and did not pass due to missing -11, which 10 is the cut off. At that point I moved on from Pfizer, until I opened my email and seen that I was invited back for an interview. This time I was under the impression that I was only coming in for an interview and it was for a different position. I was interviewing for the Inspector position at Meridian Medical Technologies a (Pfizer Company). The process started as it did previously. Shortly after being there the same facilitator as last time mentions a test. At this point I'm thinking it could be a different test. Turns out to be the same test as before. This time I passed the test only missing 5 questions despite not changing my approach. Also if you don't pass its not like they let you see which ones you missed. Since I passed I was invited to interview the same day. The interview was going well about 15 to 20 minutes in and in process of wrapping. Abruptly and in a rude demeanor the test facilitator interrupts the interviewer mid sentence and says this candidate is disqualified, she stated I took the test a week ago and failed. While in the hallway I informed her that I applied to several different positions at Pfizer and had not applied again since being told i did not pass the test. She was very rude and shunned me out of the door, all this while in front of the other perspective employees. I never been so embarrassed and criminalized like this in my life, especially not in a corporate setting. Her approach was very unprofessional to say the least. To management the process of selecting interviews and testing for employees needs to be restructured. It was not conveyed to me that I was going to be doing the same test I supposedly initially failed before, it seems that should have been caught beforehand before I wasted valuable money and time. One bad apple can really spoil a bunch

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where Attention to Detail was a vital function of your job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Conference call phone interview was mostly based on behavioral questions and how you worked in teams, as well as leadership skills. Expect to answer questions about everything listed on your resume. Interview took a total of 30 mins.

Quality Senior Associate Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sanford, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Pfizer (Sanford, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position in January and did not hear anything back until March. There was a phone screen with a recruiter and then I was invited onsite to interview with the hiring manager, another quality manager and team.

Interview Questions

• Mostly situational questions.   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Groton, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pfizer (Groton, CT) in March 2016.

Interview

Full day (9-4) of interviews, and I ended up meeting almost everyone on the team that I was applying to work with. Everyone was very nice and welcoming. There was only 1 interview where I was tested on my technical skills, all of the others were more behavioral. Everyone was very positive, and they got back to me within 2 weeks.

Summer Student Worker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pfizer in March 2016.

Interview

The interview felt more like a conversation so it was relaxed and felt easier than others. It was over the phone with two people that I would be working with. The most structured part of the interview was when we introduced ourselves and they asked me to tell them about myself. The rest was just talking about what I had mentioned and what they do and what my job would be. It felt like they had already given me the job. There was no second interview, less than a week later I received the offer. I had applied online a couple of days prior. Overall the process took less than 2 weeks. Everything went through Atrium Staffing. They coordinated the interview times and took me through the onboarding process.

Anonymous Employee in Groton, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer (Groton, CT) in March 2016.

Interview

Short preliminary interview with an HR rep, then about 45 min interview with two managers. Mostly conversational with behavioral questions asking about familiarity with pharma practices and general information about the industry. If you don't have a pharma/biotech background, it'd be worth doing a little research into the industry so you can use some industry-specific terminology.

Interview Questions

• Asked about past jobs and experiences, they really tried to explain how you could fit into their organization.   1 Answer