Pfizer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pfizer Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2017

Senior Scientist Interview

Interview

The HR person contacted me for phone interview through email.
    The person was very friendly during the phone interview and started with background information.
    I didn't receive a response after 2 weeks of phone interview so I emailed to follow up but still no response.

Interview Questions

• What are the qualities of my ideal work place
      strengths and how can I contribute to the team
      How does my progress compare to other colleagues (something like that)

Principal Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pfizer (Andover, MA).

Interview

Phone interview, in person interview, panel interview, post interview email. Easy contact, with hiring manager, questions were fair and intelligent, friendly atmosphere. Recruiters were tough and not very helpful.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Pfizer   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2016.

Interview

I am here to pay it forward as I know we all get nervous interviewing.

1st step- filled out online application on Pfizer's website.

2nd step- Email request asking for HireVue computer interview.

3rd Step- Interview with recruiter or hiring manager on phone

4th step- off site interview or Skype like face to face interview with hiring manager.

5th step- same as step four with District Manager

6th step- Offer

Interview Questions

• Why Pfizer?

Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult client or co-worker?

Biggest sales success?
      1 Answer

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Pfizer (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Was very professional. Interviewed by 2 District Managers. A lot of situation questions and behavioral questions. they both had quite a few clinical questions for me. Also some questions on working together in teams and independently. Wanted to know how we worked in my previous role It was a relaxed interview I did not feel nervous but I did go well prepared. I also reviewed alot of different questions asked on Glassdoor.

Professional Healthcare Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pfizer in June 2016.

Interview

I was sent a pre recorded video interview and was required to answer the questions. It was a total of 12 questions for the duration of 30 minutes. I was asked different questions about sales and the culture of pfizer

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in sales and why do you want to work in pfizer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer (Charleston, WV) in May 2016.

Interview

After submitting my application, I received an email the next day asking to set up a virtual interview that asked prerecorded questions. They were straight forwarded questions that lead to securing phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes with the district manager. We then set up a time for an in-person interview at a local resort. I met with the district manager as well as another individual and that interview lasted about an hour. The company was very friendly and open through the entire process. I was not offered the position as they stated they went with someone who had more experience, but I received a phone call nonetheless.

Interview Questions

• How would you voice your disagreement with someone on your sales team who had much more experience than you?   Answer Question

Senior Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer in April 2016.

Interview

The interview with HR was very smooth. I was asked basic questions about my background, salary expectations, date of joining, why I want to move. The interview with the Hiring Manager was dense. He asked questions about my background, skills, what the company is looking for, asked me to design an experiment based on a background he provided. The only problem was that he was not audible, there was a lot of noise around him which made the call a little uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me something about yourself
      2. Strengths and weaknesses

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview

They contact you through email to discuss about the times you are available to talk. Overall the interview process was really easy. I decided not to take the offer since I got an internship elsewhere with better benefits.

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer in April 2016.

Interview

First step was a video interview. Second stop was a phone screen with hiring manager. The third step was a face-to-face with hiring manager. Fourth step was interview with hiring manager and regional district manager. Was told I would hear something back in a week. No one from the company followed up.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time and you presented an unfavorable idea and how did you convince your colleagues to go along with that idea? Why Pfizer? Why the specific division you are interviewing for? Why should we hire you? Compare and contrast a time where you were given objections by a Dr vs a time when you had full access to an office where the Dr didn't give you any objections and what were the outcomes of both? Know and understand the culture and be able reference. Good luck!   1 Answer

Manufacturing Lead Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pfizer in April 2016.

Interview

I reached out to contact who mentioned an available job opportunity. After discussing the job description in-depth, a Skype interview was set up. I had to give a technical presentation with Q&A afterwards, followed by 2 "panel" type interviews, and ending with a 1:1 discussion with the hiring manager.

Everybody was relatively relaxed and friendly. Most questions were in the "tell me about a time" or "how do you" format.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay current on relevant topics?
      How do you motivate others?
      Tell me about a time you faced criticism and how you dealt with it
      What makes a good leader? Tell me about a time you exemplified such character
      What features are important to maintain a quality environment?