Pfizer Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 13, 2017

2.9

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pfizer (New York, NY).

Interview

Multiple phone and in person interviews. The process was awful as there was never any time for questions and only focused on what I bring to the table and never switched to what they have to offer. Culture of the organization seemed to be highlighted in the interview - very structured, narrow focused, non collaborative organization with lots of politics.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work at pfizer?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Pfizer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer in August 2014.

Interview

Notified for a phone interview 3 weeks from application. Phone interview took approximately 30 minutes. Interviewer was clearly experienced and very professional. Questions were straight forward and not designed to be tricky in any way. I was clearly informed of what they were looking for and their time frame.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mainly probing for more information about resume. No unexpected questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pfizer (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Resumes are triaged by recruiting and candidates that meet criteria are submitted to hiring manager. Hiring manager may do phone screens to further narrow down the candidate pool. On site interviews are either a 45 minute panel interview with 4-5 individuals or a series of interviews with 4-5 individuals.

Interview Questions

• Questions tend to be very Pfizer centric. Hard for employees to step outside the culture. Candidates must do their homework on the company and the role prior to the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is little room to negotiate at the present time unless you have an highly desirable scientific skill.

Anonymous Employee in Sanford, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer (Sanford, NC) in July 2011.

Interview

A negative to the interview process is that after several times interviewing for different positions, it seems that they already know who they wanted prior to the interviews. One thing that I think has helped me in the process is reaching out to the hiring manager and asking some questions,

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Collegeville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pfizer (Collegeville, PA) in January 2010.

Interview

I was a legacy-Wyeth employee who applied on line during the 60 days preceding my layoff. I was contacted by another Wyeth person who had been retained (a Director) and we discussed my accomplishments in my previous role. A couple of days later I was invited in for a "cattle call". A director from New York came down to meet with each applicant individually. She was 1/2 hour late for the interview and her attitude was rather smug. She acted as though she were just going through the motions. I later found out from an insider that all Wyeth applicants had been interviewed for the job but it was really just a show to make those who remained with the company feel that Pfizer was making an effort. The job went to an individual in New York.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pfizer (New York, NY) in August 2009.

Interview

The process depends on the department you work for. Some interviews are very casual. Other groups will try to simulate the environment you will work in. Some interviews are in front of panels. Make sure you talk to the hiring manager in advance so you know what format you will interview in.

Negotiation

Very difficult. I found HR to be condescending. Ultimately I got what I wanted, but it is not easy.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview

Call me after applying the position. They sent me a general skill test. After passing the test, called me for an interview. It was with HR specialist and manager. After the first interview, sent me a personality test. And second interview was with two managers. Then sent me an English language test and called my references.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer in October 2011.

Interview

Phone screen led to 1:1 interview. Everything was conducted in a timely, professional manner. Asked about background as well as strengths/weaknesses types of questions.

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer in February 2011.

Interview

Process consisted of 2 telephone interviews and 1 site interview with hiring manager and site staff. Telephone interviews were with HR and the hiring manager.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer in August 2008.

Interview

Definitely be prepared for a behavioral interview. Make sure you answer using the STAR method: Situation, Task, Action and Result.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about working with a difficult customer   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a situation where you had to get around a company policy   Answer Question

Negotiation

somewhat - got 3 instead of 2 weeks vacation