Pfizer Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

Pfizer Interview Questions in New York, NY

Updated Feb 16, 2017

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

One Phone interview. Not that hard, the person was very nice. The interviewer asked about my resume and why I like the company. The interview started off very formal but toward the middle it just turned into a conversation.

QC Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pfizer (New York, NY).

Interview

First round interview was a phone call screening and follow by formal setting one to one. Interviewer was polite and courteous, however chemistry is important to ensure smooth Q and A .

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions ie please introduce yourself, supervisor experiences and greatest challenge STAR format   Answer Question

PR Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pfizer (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Extensive process with three interviews and I did not hear for a month that I was not selected. There was an initial call, followed by two in person interviews, and finally, a writing test.

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pfizer (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by Pfizer recruiter and asked to complete a one-way HireVue pre-recorded "interview" for two positions for which I had applied (two different locations). The e-mail indicated I should contact the recruiter if I had questions or needed assistance regarding accommodations. I replied immediately and requested a phone interview. I did this for a few reasons. A one-way video recording is not an interview IMO. I nature of an interview is for both parties to discover a match through a live question/answer conversation. I understand the economy is such that many employers feel it is a one-way discovery, but it is not nor has it ever been. The recorded process is unnatural and cold. Further, there are substantial legal permissions which the candidate must accept by the third party vendor (HireVue). These permissions are numerous and largely representprotect the third party vendor rather than candidates. As a candidate, I want to know specifically who owns the rights of my interview, who will view it, the security and length of time "my" video is stored. No computer software is free from being intercepted, even at the highest levels. Having said this, neither Hire Vue nor the Pfizer recruiter responded to my many e-mails asking for details of the recorded interviews. The recruiter did not reply to a single one of my repeated e-mails asking for accommodations for a phone interview. I e-mailed Pfizer HR department and politely explained that I had not heard back from the initial recruiter and asked for an alternate method to interview as per her e-mail. I only receive a reply approximately one onth later from HR explaining that the recruiter had left her position, that I was not being considered as other candidates more closely fit with the position/s. Hence, I was not given the opportunity to fairly interview for either position nor accommodated as per the recruiting departments policies. Moreover, it is bothersome that the employer nor the initial recruiter did not reply to my request for accommodation at all and chose other candidates. It was a very distasteful experience to be treated like this. I wonder if EOE would be interested in the lack of accountability given the laws governing such practices. Furthermore, if requiring photos with resume submissions are not permitted, than neither should one-way "interviews" where the candidate never meets with HR. I am advocating fairness and support in alignment with EOE. Hire Vue presents several behavioral questions which really belong in a psychologist office, not HR.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer (New York, NY).

Interview

Given that it was only an internship the process was very quick. For other jobs, they perform assessment centers and competency interviews, mostly with the business unit and human resources.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer (New York, NY).

Interview

I submitted a resume directly to a current employee through a connection on LinkedIn. I was approved for an initial phone interview. I then was approved for a face to face interview with the hiring manager who offered me the job. I then negotiated salary with HR, took the backgroud check and drug screen test, then signed a work agreement and started the job within 3 weeks from start to finish. It was a very professional experience.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to explain in detail about my audio visual technical background that would be a large part of the role.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a higher salary after asking the salary range and then itemizing my skills, experience and my plan to add value to the position.

Professional Healthcare Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

First: 30 minute interview via HireVue. 12 pre-recorded questions.
    2nd: Phone interview w/Hiring Manager (about 45 minutes)
    3rd: In person interview with Hiring Manager (behavior questions.

Also had in-person interviews with 2 other DM's in the region.....last one 2 weeks ago and no contact since.

Interview Questions

• Why Pfizer?
      Tell me about yourself?
      Tell me about a time where you had to be creative in your sales approach?
      Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Pfizer (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Was very professional. Interviewed by 2 District Managers. A lot of situation questions and behavioral questions. they both had quite a few clinical questions for me. Also some questions on working together in teams and independently. Wanted to know how we worked in my previous role It was a relaxed interview I did not feel nervous but I did go well prepared. I also reviewed alot of different questions asked on Glassdoor.

Packaging Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview process was fairly easy. They asked basic behavioral questions about leading teams, process improvement initiatives and other leadership qualities. Overall it was pretty simple to get the job but I didn't like the location.

Summer Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Conference call phone interview was mostly based on behavioral questions and how you worked in teams, as well as leadership skills. Expect to answer questions about everything listed on your resume. Interview took a total of 30 mins.