Pfizer Interview Questions in Pearl River, NY | Glassdoor

Pfizer Interview Questions in Pearl River, NY

Updated Apr 12, 2017

Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pearl River, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer (Pearl River, NY).

Interview

The interview process was not bad. First did some basic math and reading test. Then a drug test. Finally, I received a phone call from the HR Department and scheduled an interview appointment.

Associate Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pearl River, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Pfizer (Pearl River, NY).

Interview

Panel Interview with a number of people from different parts of the organization. Used my school and work experience. The process was average. They wanted to know if I was a good fit for the group of people I would be working with,

Interview Questions

• Experience related to the position and why I would want to work for Pfizer   1 Answer

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearl River, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pfizer (Pearl River, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Short phone interview with hiring manager. On-site interview including presentation and 30 minute interviews with research scientists. They generally did not ask questions, it was more you were expected to ask questions of them to generate conversation.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of questions about experiments. Specifically mechanism of drug action and mutational evidence of mechanism of action in the presentation.   Answer Question
    • Are okay leaving academics for an industry job?   Answer Question
    • Describe your research experience?   Answer Question
    • Are you okay with relocating?   Answer Question

Associate Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearl River, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pfizer (Pearl River, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

applied online, had a phone interview, one week later, they called me in for a face to face interview. Several Pfizer employees are present, they are all very kind. Did not hear from they after the interview. emailed back and no response. They go in the details with my resume and briefly explained the job description and what would be the expectation.

Interview Questions

• What is the concentration of your master and what is your thesis?   Answer Question

Asset Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearl River, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer (Pearl River, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy but not very intimidating. The interviewers were very nice and accommodating. Overall the process was a nice experience. Each interviewer was a given a set of questions to ask. Plenty of time was given to answer the questions correctly.

Assistant Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pearl River, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pfizer (Pearl River, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process lasted for 1.5hrs. I interviewed with the Senior Scientist first. The lab group's focus was described to me followed by a description of the position I was applying for. Then we chatted about my job experience, interest, education and what I hoped to gained from the position. After speaking with the Senior Scientist who ran the lab I spoke with the next person in command. We also went over pretty much the same topics. The interview process was really laid back. I felt like they just wanted to get a gist of who I was and if they liked my personality.

Interview Questions

• How will you be able to relate past skills to this position?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearl River, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Pfizer (Pearl River, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

After phone screen interview, they invited to come to Perl River facility. It took the whole day: meeting with 12 people, doing presentation. But it seems that the decision to hire someone else was made even before I came for the interview.

Interview Questions

• There were a lot of questions about qualification for the position   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearl River, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pfizer (Pearl River, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

Met five supervisors - two appeared to have enthusiasm as a snake, two were enthusiastic, and one was comatose

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you are laid-off one week, and rehired a week later?   1 Answer

Lack trust in the immediate supervisory personnel