Pfizer Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pfizer Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Pfizer

3.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pfizer (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by Pfizer recruiter and asked to complete a one-way HireVue pre-recorded "interview" for two positions for which I had applied (two different locations). The e-mail indicated I should contact the recruiter if I had questions or needed assistance regarding accommodations. I replied immediately and requested a phone interview. I did this for a few reasons. A one-way video recording is not an interview IMO. I nature of an interview is for both parties to discover a match through a live question/answer conversation. I understand the economy is such that many employers feel it is a one-way discovery, but it is not nor has it ever been. The recorded process is unnatural and cold. Further, there are substantial legal permissions which the candidate must accept by the third party vendor (HireVue). These permissions are numerous and largely representprotect the third party vendor rather than candidates. As a candidate, I want to know specifically who owns the rights of my interview, who will view it, the security and length of time "my" video is stored. No computer software is free from being intercepted, even at the highest levels. Having said this, neither Hire Vue nor the Pfizer recruiter responded to my many e-mails asking for details of the recorded interviews. The recruiter did not reply to a single one of my repeated e-mails asking for accommodations for a phone interview. I e-mailed Pfizer HR department and politely explained that I had not heard back from the initial recruiter and asked for an alternate method to interview as per her e-mail. I only receive a reply approximately one onth later from HR explaining that the recruiter had left her position, that I was not being considered as other candidates more closely fit with the position/s. Hence, I was not given the opportunity to fairly interview for either position nor accommodated as per the recruiting departments policies. Moreover, it is bothersome that the employer nor the initial recruiter did not reply to my request for accommodation at all and chose other candidates. It was a very distasteful experience to be treated like this. I wonder if EOE would be interested in the lack of accountability given the laws governing such practices. Furthermore, if requiring photos with resume submissions are not permitted, than neither should one-way "interviews" where the candidate never meets with HR. I am advocating fairness and support in alignment with EOE. Hire Vue presents several behavioral questions which really belong in a psychologist office, not HR.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Pfizer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer (Albany, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

First HireView online web interview which was a video chat. Prompt questions then you had 30 seconds to prepare and 3 minutes to answer. Then a phone interview, mostly situational. Now onto the 3rd

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Tell a time when you had to sell differently? ETC.   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer in April 2016.

Interview

First step was a video interview. Second stop was a phone screen with hiring manager. The third step was a face-to-face with hiring manager. Fourth step was interview with hiring manager and regional district manager. Was told I would hear something back in a week. No one from the company followed up.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time and you presented an unfavorable idea and how did you convince your colleagues to go along with that idea? Why Pfizer? Why the specific division you are interviewing for? Why should we hire you? Compare and contrast a time where you were given objections by a Dr vs a time when you had full access to an office where the Dr didn't give you any objections and what were the outcomes of both? Know and understand the culture and be able reference. Good luck!   1 Answer

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview

After two weeks of applying online I received an invite to schedule an interview via Hirehue which is basically a one way interview where you are talking and looking at yourself in a video. Very akward feeling. Typical STAR questions. One of the questions I remembered was explain the gaps in your employment. Any one knows that, that type of question when you have experienced a few layoffs should be explained in person not on a one way video. Overall, I don't think I did my best as I am a personal type of person. I like interaction and eye contact etc and making a connection. I feel this interview is kind of bias because the person that will be reviewing it will perceive you how they want to perceive you whether you did well or not. With that said it has been about 3 business days and no response yet. Either way it was not a good experience at all.

Interview Questions

• explain the gaps with your employment   1 Answer

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Interview

1st interview was video interview through hireview. Next was phone screen and so far I heard nothing else from them and it's been 2 weeks. I know that the next step is interview with the manager and the next is with the regional manager.

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview

Conversational style interview; asked how you can be an asset. Asked specific points on resume. Took months to hear back for second interview. Overall it is a 4 part hiring process that can take up to 6 months.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview

Very intense, Digital Interview, then phone, then face to face and then another face to face interview. Mainly meet with the district manager and counterpart. Just be prepared for questions and ask a lot of questions

Interview Questions

• Very hard questions. Know your resume and why you want to work for the company. Also bring in your brag book.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Idaho Falls, ID

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer (Idaho Falls, ID).

Interview

Faxed my resume to a current Pfizer Representative that gave it to the hiring manager. I had a face to face interview a week later. A week after, I flew to Texas to interview with the regional manager. The interview questions were a little harder and he was very interested in my educational background since I was a new grad. I was offered the position a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work for Pfizer? Sell me this pen. Tell me what you know about Pfizer? What do you have to bring to the team?   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview

recruiter phone screen, Manager Phone interview, face to face interview. I posted online for multiple positions in my area, I interviewed over several months for different positions that I qualified for...I also had 3 different interview processes. I interviewed for one position and got to a face to face, but was not hired. Next, I was contacted to phone screen for another position, but did not progress in that process. Final position, I phone screened, then interviewed face to face and was ultimately offered the position. Received a verbal offer, then received a written offer. I accepted the offer electronically.

Interview Questions

• mostly star questions from interview guide, but also interviews not on the interview guide   1 Answer

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pfizer in August 2010.

Interview

Normal pharma process, just tough to get in because of employees relocating that we're displaced.
    Network as much as possible and do as much homework as you can on the hiring manager and products.

Interview Questions

• How did you prepare for the interview   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much negotiation