Pfizer Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pfizer Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Dec 30, 2016

3.5

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview

Straightforward interview process. First a video interview of 10 questions, then a phone interview, then in person and final interview with manager. They always keep in contact via email.
STAR format questions, make sure to practice before and make sure you have enough examples for different situations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to manage your time? And how did you do it?   Answer Question
  • What is the most technical thing you've learned   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Pfizer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer (Albany, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

First HireView online web interview which was a video chat. Prompt questions then you had 30 seconds to prepare and 3 minutes to answer. Then a phone interview, mostly situational. Now onto the 3rd

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Tell a time when you had to sell differently? ETC.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wheaton, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer (Wheaton, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Initial interview is through HireVU. You have 30 seconds to prepare your answer to the question provided and 3 minutes taped response. There were 13 questions and a few were written responses. One written response was also timed. The process is either done alone or you can schedule a live interview and interface with a representative.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pfizer (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by Pfizer recruiter and asked to complete a one-way HireVue pre-recorded "interview" for two positions for which I had applied (two different locations). The e-mail indicated I should contact the recruiter if I had questions or needed assistance regarding accommodations. I replied immediately and requested a phone interview. I did this for a few reasons. A one-way video recording is not an interview IMO. I nature of an interview is for both parties to discover a match through a live question/answer conversation. I understand the economy is such that many employers feel it is a one-way discovery, but it is not nor has it ever been. The recorded process is unnatural and cold. Further, there are substantial legal permissions which the candidate must accept by the third party vendor (HireVue). These permissions are numerous and largely representprotect the third party vendor rather than candidates. As a candidate, I want to know specifically who owns the rights of my interview, who will view it, the security and length of time "my" video is stored. No computer software is free from being intercepted, even at the highest levels. Having said this, neither Hire Vue nor the Pfizer recruiter responded to my many e-mails asking for details of the recorded interviews. The recruiter did not reply to a single one of my repeated e-mails asking for accommodations for a phone interview. I e-mailed Pfizer HR department and politely explained that I had not heard back from the initial recruiter and asked for an alternate method to interview as per her e-mail. I only receive a reply approximately one onth later from HR explaining that the recruiter had left her position, that I was not being considered as other candidates more closely fit with the position/s. Hence, I was not given the opportunity to fairly interview for either position nor accommodated as per the recruiting departments policies. Moreover, it is bothersome that the employer nor the initial recruiter did not reply to my request for accommodation at all and chose other candidates. It was a very distasteful experience to be treated like this. I wonder if EOE would be interested in the lack of accountability given the laws governing such practices. Furthermore, if requiring photos with resume submissions are not permitted, than neither should one-way "interviews" where the candidate never meets with HR. I am advocating fairness and support in alignment with EOE. Hire Vue presents several behavioral questions which really belong in a psychologist office, not HR.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Pfizer in September 2016.

Interview

What do you mean by hiring and interview process? I applied via an employee referral.

Process was awful. You were blindsided by questions that you couldnt answer. You were looking at yourself the entire time which is not helpful because then you focus on your flaws.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pfizer (Charlotte, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

Great Interview process. The people were very friendly and gave great feedback. This is a great company. The outcome of the interview was great allowing me to make it to the next round.I would recommended this company to anyone who has the background to be in the medical industry especially pharmaceutical sales

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Pfizer (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Was very professional. Interviewed by 2 District Managers. A lot of situation questions and behavioral questions. they both had quite a few clinical questions for me. Also some questions on working together in teams and independently. Wanted to know how we worked in my previous role It was a relaxed interview I did not feel nervous but I did go well prepared. I also reviewed alot of different questions asked on Glassdoor.

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer in April 2016.

Interview

First step was a video interview. Second stop was a phone screen with hiring manager. The third step was a face-to-face with hiring manager. Fourth step was interview with hiring manager and regional district manager. Was told I would hear something back in a week. No one from the company followed up.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time and you presented an unfavorable idea and how did you convince your colleagues to go along with that idea? Why Pfizer? Why the specific division you are interviewing for? Why should we hire you? Compare and contrast a time where you were given objections by a Dr vs a time when you had full access to an office where the Dr didn't give you any objections and what were the outcomes of both? Know and understand the culture and be able reference. Good luck!   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flint, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer (Flint, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

waste of time. Looking for the right answers and not the right person. Wasted a day from work to interview with someone when it already seemed like they already had someone picked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pfizer (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

brief n quick many question from the resume and many Q and A about your self and also will you be able to do the job at that location. i think the screen many candidates and keep in reserve due to high turnovers.I would suggest that you be yourself and be calm and go with the flow . If you have what you have then that should be fine for you to get in sales. Try doing mock interviews with friends and gauge you capabilities in answering Q n A. To me it was easy but for many it might be the first one so be prepared for a rapid fire just in case.