Pfizer Postdoctoral Fellow Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pfizer Postdoctoral Fellow Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pfizer (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

First round phone call (1hr), followed by a standard interview day. A research talk, and then 30min individual meetings with junior and senior team members. It was very typical to academic postdoctoral interview days.

Interview Questions

• All questions were science based, and related to the position or the research presented in the talk.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Pfizer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Groton, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pfizer (Groton, CT) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through the career website. After I finished it, I got email from HR in about two days. First round is the phone interview, and second is the on-site interview, starting from 9AM till 5PM, no break. Pretty condensed.

Interview Questions

• 1 hour seminar presentation, and 30-min talk & discussion with each of the group members. Questions from all different aspects. Most of the behavior questions are from the directors, and sci questions from all other   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview

ASHP Midyear one interview with three employees. Questions include: what does patient care mean to you? what are your hobbies? What are three strengths and one weakness? On-site interview with about 7 employees for one half hour each. The night before consists of a dinner with colleagues and other candidates for other positions. Very laid back. How do you integrate yourself into an established team? What do you do when things do not go as planned at work? What does this job mean to you and how will you use your experiences here?

Interview Questions

• How do you integrate yourself into an established team? What do you do when things do not go as planned at work? What does this job mean to you and how will you use your experiences here?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pfizer (Boston, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview started around 9AM. I gave an hour-long presentation, interviewed with the main director. We then had lunch with the director and 3-4 statisticians. I then went through multiple half hour interviews with other statisticians and fellows. I was asked a series of questions concerning the position and some general statistics questions.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe PCA (Principal Component Analysis) to a clinician?   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview

attended ashp midyear. using their pps system, I went through 3 rounds of interviews followed by a reception. The conversation was extremely pressure free as if we were longtime friends. the fellows and preceptors were extremely nice. I felt welcome and already part of the team

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time when things didnt go your way and you had to make a sudden change   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pfizer (Andover, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

Contacted by phone (HR) and then contacted by phone by hiring managers, spoke to them and then didn't hear back for a few weeks, HR contacted me again and we spoke again and then onsite interview was scheduled. This crossed over the New Years and probably explains why everything moved much more slowly than usual.

Anonymous Employee in Groton, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer (Groton, CT) in May 2012.

Interview

I knew someone who worked in the company so I was able to get my CV sent along to an influential person in the department hiring. They invited me to give a 20 minute talk on my PhD work and I had one-on-one interviews with about 10 scientists in the department.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in industry rather than academia?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pfizer (Cambridge, MA) in September 2010.

Interview

The process is pretty professional and reasonable. They tried to make you feel comfortable and provide you the information you want to know. People who interview me are interested in my previous experience, skills and future goals.