Pfizer Professional Healthcare Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 17, 2017

3.5

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Professional Healthcare Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview

I applied online through Pfizer website, then 2 days later got an email for digital interview on HireVue. After a week later got an email from DM to set up phone interview. The DM probably has the worst communication skills ever. Glad I know beforehand so I do not have to deal with this DM.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Pfizer

Professional Healthcare Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview

I applied online and was fortunate to have an employee referral. After applying I heard from the recruiter and hiring manager and scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview was about 30 minutes long- make sure to do your research on the company, why you want to work there, know about the products/climate. After that I did an in-person interview with hiring manager and one other manager which lasted about 45mins - 1 hour. I heard from the hiring manager that day and was told I would be doing a final interview with regional manager the following week. I received an offer the following week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you successfully displayed your technical knowledge.   Answer Question

Professional Healthcare Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pfizer in February 2017.

Interview

One way video interview was the first step. This can be done at any time that works for you. Video prompt questions with a time limit. My advice is to use the practice time if you have never done this type of interview. I felt awkward staring at myself answering questions. the questions are behavioral questions that most people have listed here already

Professional Healthcare Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview

*Interview process varies (#). Overall, really great experience and every single person I met was extremely nice and professional. About 2.5 month process. Prepared thoroughly for every single interview.*
    Submitted application.
    2.5 weeks later, received email for video interview (described in other posts here).
    Completed video interview 1 day later.
    Received email from DM 5 days after completing video interview to set up phone interview.
    Completed phone interview 3 days later.
    Received email one week after phone interview to set up in person interview with same DM the following week.
    2 weeks after F2F interview, was contacted for F2F interview with another DM.
    Had second F2F interview the following week.
    Was contacted by that DM a few days later for another F2F the following week.
    Finally, was contacted the next day for a F2F with regional manager the following week.
    Received offer the very next day.

Interview Questions

• *Questions will vary. I had 0 sales experience going into this, remember that when reading the questions below. If you don't have sales experience like I didn't, make sure to answer the questions using other experiences.

Why Pfizer?
      What do you know about Pfizer?
      How did you prepare for this interview?
      Why pharmaceutical sales?
      Why you? What sets you apart?
      Tell about yourself.
      Tell about a time you were creative in your approach.
      Tell about a time you tried your best for something and it didn’t happen.
      What is your greatest professional achievement?
      Explain a time when you proved you were reliable.
      What motivates you?
      Tell about a time you showed great leadership.
      Tell about some teams that you were on.
      What will you bring to this sales team?
      Explain a time you used your technical knowledge successfully.
      Talk about a time you were consistently told no and how you reacted.
      Talk about a time you were frustrated with a team member.
      How will you stand out versus other sales reps on the job?
      What was your most difficult career challenge?
      What do you know about the products you’ll be selling?
      A time that you persuaded someone?
      A time you had to deal with a difficult person?
      What is your biggest strength?
      Have you networked with other sales reps?
      What does a pharma sales rep do?
      Your biggest failure?
      How do you handle criticism?
      What do you expect from a manager?
      What are some things you’re nervous about regarding pharma sales?   1 Answer

Professional Healthcare Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview

So far I have only gotten as far as the first two round in the hiring process. After applying, you have to wait for a general regional recruiter to reach out to you by email and extend an invitation for a virtual interview which consists of 12 situational and behavioral questions using the virtual program/app. From my vast experience, the process takes anywhere from 2 - 10 weeks.

The questions response time is typically 3 minutes long and you have 30 seconds after the question has been asked to gather your thoughts and prepare a response.

If you're lucky enough to pass this interview, then you will be contacted by the local regional manager for the vacancy to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview is similar to the virtual interview except the manager may ask you to review your credentials on your resume over the phone with them and how it applies to what you're applying for, or ask the questions that were asked in the virtual interview but this time, base it off of personal situations or off of your resume.

The interviewers from my experience are respectful, transparent and professional. Bring your 'A' game.

Interview Questions

• All questions use the standard STAR method. Situation (at hand), Task (responsible for), Action (required and taken), Response.

-Tell us a bit about yourself based on your past work experience

-Why do you wish to pursue the Professional Healthcare Representative role?

-Tell us about a time you were creative in your approach

-Tell us about a time where you tried your best for something to occur, but in the end did not achieve the results you wanted

-Tell me about a time you showed great leadership

- Relate past skills to this position   Answer Question

Professional Healthcare Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview

I am in the midst of the interview process. I was sent a link for a video interview with an application called HireVue in which a recruiter recorded themselves asking a question, and I was given 30 seconds to prepare, then 3 minutes to answer the question while being recorded. There were about 12 questions, but I believe 3 were questions in which I typed in my response. For example, am I willing to relocate, what do I expect to earn, ect. The video screening was a bit awkward. I suspect most candidates feel this way though, and I was offered to move on to a phone interview the next week.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you used your technical knowledge successfully. (or a derivative of this question)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Digital Interview - Ten situational questions, there are practice questions at the beginning before you start the actual interview.

Phone Interview - Went over resume' and a couple of situational questions
    Face to Face Interview

It is very important to answer all of the questions using the STAR method.
    Situation, Task, Action, Result

There are videos on youtube to give you an idea of how to answer them if you are not familiar with them.

Ask for the job, as a sales person you have to know how to close.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Pfizer?
      Tell me about a time that you successfully displayed your technical knowledge
      Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult client
      Biggest Sales Success
      Why are you interested in sales?
      How would you voice your disagreement with someone on your sales team that had more experience than you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

First: 30 minute interview via HireVue. 12 pre-recorded questions.
    2nd: Phone interview w/Hiring Manager (about 45 minutes)
    3rd: In person interview with Hiring Manager (behavior questions.

Also had in-person interviews with 2 other DM's in the region.....last one 2 weeks ago and no contact since.

Interview Questions

• Why Pfizer?
      Tell me about yourself?
      Tell me about a time where you had to be creative in your sales approach?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pfizer (Winston-Salem, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

Was a digital interview using Hirevue. Included preset interview questions that you had 30 seconds to think of your answer and then 3 minutes to record that answer. Lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Pfizer?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your current compensation plan as well as what you're expecting?   Answer Question
    • Something in reference to..."Tell me how technology has helped you in sales?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2016.

Interview

I am here to pay it forward as I know we all get nervous interviewing.

1st step- filled out online application on Pfizer's website.

2nd step- Email request asking for HireVue computer interview.

3rd Step- Interview with recruiter or hiring manager on phone

4th step- off site interview or Skype like face to face interview with hiring manager.

5th step- same as step four with District Manager

6th step- Offer

Interview Questions

• Why Pfizer?

Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult client or co-worker?

Biggest sales success?   1 Answer