Pfizer Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pfizer Sales Representative Interview Questions

3.2

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer (Detroit, MI) in February 2016.

Interview

It was an online computerized job interview, with pre-recorded questions; not a real person on the other end. Quite repetitive. Didn't seem to do an adequate job of identifying quality characteristics in the interviewee.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Pfizer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pfizer (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

There were a total of about 8 questions, 30 seconds each that are asked via video recording.
    There's a section in the beginning for you to practice before the actual interview recording.

Interview Questions

• What skills and/or experience can you contribute to the company?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pfizer in July 2014.

Interview

It is quick. They run the process very effective. Most of the questions are behavior-based questions. Also, you need to negotiate your salary at the last. I recommend you to negotiate! The phone interview is important too.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Pfizer (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Used the classic STAR interview method:Situation, Action, Result....

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a manager you worked for that you did not get along with?   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Pfizer (Westlake, TX).

Interview

Three interviews; first phone, others face-to-face

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer (Dallas, TX) in September 2010.

Interview

Being a "drug rep" just ain't what it used to be. Eventually, sales reps will go the way of the horse and buggy for the most part. Specialty sales positions are where the industry is headed overall.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you weren't able to make the sale. What did you learn from it. Give me an example of how you applied that (what you learned) in a recent sale.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

Very intense interviews with local DM and his manager. I've never had such an intense interview.

Interview Questions

• If you could be any animal what would that be?   1 Answer
    • Why have your numbers not consistently grown?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, salary was not negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer (Harrisburg, PA) in November 2008.

Interview

I went through a phone interview, and 3 1:1. They never called me back to let me know that I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• They often use the STAR questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer (Annapolis, MD) in May 2008.

Interview

Initial phone interview was relatively standard. The next interview was an in person HR screen that was very quick, about a half hour. I was impressed by the quick response after each interview phase to schedule the next step. They never kept me waiting for more than two days. The third interview was with a regional manager. This interview was longer and was a behavioral interview, they wanted you to go into a detailed analysis of the situation you faced, action you took, and measurable results achieved. I was even asked if I had any documentation of achievements (I didn't, I was a senior in college so I really only had my transcripts). I noticed many of the other people interviewing at the office that day had binders with documentation their accomplishments. After that interview I was asked to wait (I sat in the waiting room for a half hour) and then was told that they would like me interview with the area manager/director over lunch. I agreed and went to lunch with him and another gentleman. The lunch was very enjoyable and relaxed, much less structured than the two hour interview I had had that morning. Afterwards I was told that my interview process had gone out of order and I would still need to ride along with a local representative as a formality. This was a long day but an important xperience. It opened by eyes of what day to day life as a pharma rep is like.

Interview Questions

Although I was offered the job, I choose to do sales for medical device company instead. A long series of short appointments with uninterested doctors was not my cup of tea. Performance metrics also seemed a relatively inaccurate and subjective way of quantifying performance.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pfizer (Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)) in June 2014.

Interview

Straight forward questions about my previous pharmaceutical experience, my achievements and sales history, how did I respond to extreme pressure from my previous management. What are my long term expectations within Pfizer in the short term.

Interview Questions

• What are my long term goals in the company.   1 Answer