Pfizer Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 14, 2017

3.4

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview

It started with a seminar and a Q&A. Then meetings with several members of the group. Questions about the presentation kept being made in each meeting, then some general technical and behavioral questions. Exciting process, quiet challenging but it can be exhausting.

Interview Questions

• Based on your background, how do you fit well in our group?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Pfizer

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Pfizer (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2015.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an onsite interview. I was interviewed by managers and team members during a day visit. During interview, I was given a tour of the facility and given an overview of the work that I would be performing.

Interview Questions

• What recent experiences have you had working in a challenging environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

Online Application initial contact with company to show interest. Contacted by recruiter from Pfizer and arranged a phone interview with the recruiter. On site interview was set up with a panel of 6 team members who met with me in groups of 1 or 2. The interview was challenging.

Interview Questions

• Experience with innovation and establishing new methodology in regulated environment   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer (Andover, MA) in December 2014.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me for a different position at a different company. A month later contacted me for this position. In person interview with recruiter. Phone interview with contract manager, in-person interview with all individuals I have found I have direct work with. ~4 meetings 30 minutes each. Limited tour.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions about items on resume and pertaining to the position   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Recruiter did not negotiate for me. It was a take it or leave it situation.

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview

The interview went very well. Met very intelligent people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer (San Diego, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Phone interview was fairly standard: tell me about yourself, what are your skills and experience, why did you leave your last job. In-person interview was decidedly prosecutorial. They tried to find a narrow area in which I had little experience then asked many obscure questions about that area, as if they were trying to prove to themselves I was unqualified for the job.

Interview Questions

• Since this was a drug metabolism job, they asked if I knew which drug metabolizing enzymes acted on a particular drug. This is something that's easy to look up but you probably wouldn't know unless you had worked with that drug. I didn't know off the top of my head.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pfizer (Cambridge, MA) in July 2011.

Interview

Many HR format type questions, expect to interview with multiple people, people are friendly and you can often get feedback after interviews if you are not successfully hired. I was interviewed by several people in the department including management and colleagues and also by someone who was outside the department.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Pfizer (San Francisco, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted by HR to set up a phone pre screen, and then contacted about three weeks later by hiring manager for another phone conversation. About 4 weeks later I was invited for an on site interview. The on site interview lasted an entire day, followed by dinner.

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pfizer in June 2010.

Interview

Applied online, received a call for phone screening. submitted online employment application form, got into a 1 day face to face interview

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pfizer in March 2008.

Interview

HR phone screen first, followed by on-site one on one and panel/group interview. 2 weeks later offerred the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you needed to brainstorm differeing/conflicting ideas with others in order to help accomplish work goals   Answer Question