Pfizer Senior Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pfizer Senior Scientist Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2017

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Groton, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer (Groton, CT).

Interview

First, a telephonic interview and then, after a month contacted by HR to schedule an onsite interview. The onsite interview included a presentation in the morning followed by a technical and behavioral interview. All of this with a selected number of people. You don't get to interact with the other members of the team which was very strange. I lost interest in the position as there was no culture. Also, they are not quick with the reimbursement process as it can take more than 4 months (very strange experience with a big pharma like Pfizer).

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Pfizer

Senior Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview

Submitted an online application and received a phone interview after 3 weeks. 1 month later was notified for onsite. People were very nice during my onsite interviews but they never got back to me afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Asked about some technical questions/ some questions to see your fit in the group.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearl River, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pfizer (Pearl River, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Short phone interview with hiring manager. On-site interview including presentation and 30 minute interviews with research scientists. They generally did not ask questions, it was more you were expected to ask questions of them to generate conversation.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of questions about experiments. Specifically mechanism of drug action and mutational evidence of mechanism of action in the presentation.   Answer Question
    • Are okay leaving academics for an industry job?   Answer Question
    • Describe your research experience?   Answer Question
    • Are you okay with relocating?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Pfizer (South San Francisco, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Telephone screening with three people followed by an onsite interview with both groups and individuals. I was required to present for one hour on a scientific subject. Everyone was very friendly and accommodating.

Interview Questions

• Some technical questions were asked, very specific to the field. They also asked some more situational/behavioral questions to establish how you would fit into the team.   Answer Question

Senior Scientist Interview

Interview

The HR person contacted me for phone interview through email.
    The person was very friendly during the phone interview and started with background information.
    I didn't receive a response after 2 weeks of phone interview so I emailed to follow up but still no response.

Interview Questions

• What are the qualities of my ideal work place
      strengths and how can I contribute to the team
      How does my progress compare to other colleagues (something like that)   Answer Question

Senior Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer in April 2016.

Interview

The interview with HR was very smooth. I was asked basic questions about my background, salary expectations, date of joining, why I want to move. The interview with the Hiring Manager was dense. He asked questions about my background, skills, what the company is looking for, asked me to design an experiment based on a background he provided. The only problem was that he was not audible, there was a lot of noise around him which made the call a little uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me something about yourself
      2. Strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pfizer (Boston, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Five days later I received an email asking for a phone interview. At the phone interview they asked me about my background and my skill set.
    I then got a formal interview with presentation + 7 1:1 interviews.
    First meeting with the Director, then oral presentation (40 min ppt +questions). I had lunch with the Director who asked me technical questions and "what would you do" type questions (about for example one project they have). Finally, I met with 5 people working in the group and one from another group in Pfizer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Groton, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pfizer (Groton, CT) in October 2015.

Interview

Short and simple. Begin with a brief introduction about the interview process, followed by presentation, technical skill evaluation and situation interview by three different groups of 5-6 members in each group

Interview Questions

• Tell me one instance where you had to resolve conflict with your colleague   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Pfizer (Cambridge, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

The entire process took 3.5 months. Received an email from HR one day after I applied online. Talked with him a week later. Then,,, met with the hiring manager for about an hour a week later. The response was positive, but I didn't hear from the manager for another month. Then I was invited for on-site visit. Gave 1 hour presentation, talked with 4 lab heads, and senior level leader at the end of the interview. Originally they told me I would know the result within 2 weeks from the on-site. But then somehow the process got delayed,,, and finally 1.5 month after my on-site, I was told that the position was filled through internal transfer.

Senior Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview

I applied online through the company's website. Two weeks later, I did a phone interview with the hiring manager that lasted for about 30-40min. About ~1.5 month later, I was invited for an onsite interview. The interview was from 830a-330p, with 7 one-on-one meetings, an job talk presentation, and lunch. Everyone was very nice and informative. There were lots of behavioral questions.