Pflugerville Independent School District Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Pflugerville Independent School District

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pflugerville Independent School District

Math Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pflugerville Independent School District in September 2007.

Interview

The position was posted on the school district website. The district has an online application process, but I also emailed a cover letter and resume to the principal. The principal contacted me via email to set up the interview, which was scheduled for two days later. At the interview, I was asked how I would deal with different classroom situations. Before I left, I was asked to complete an I-9 form!

Interview Questions

• What classroom management strategies do you bring to a group of students that is currently considered out of control?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The only thing I was able to negotiate was a slightly later start date. I got the formal offer on a Thursday, and they wanted me to come in the following day. I wanted to give my employer two weeks notice, but based on the urgency of the position, I was only able to give one week's notice, which I had to shorten by taking leave days. I started the Wednesday after I was offered the position.

Anonymous Employee in Pflugerville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pflugerville Independent School District (Pflugerville, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

This interview was standard for districts in the Austin area. I was called in and interviewed by a panel of teachers and administrators including the team I was to be working with, the principal and administrative intern, and an instructional coach. They asked canned questions and were not allowed to veer from those questions unless I asked them something that was not covered.

Interview Questions

• What is your view of balanced literacy within the classroom environment?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pflugerville, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pflugerville Independent School District (Pflugerville, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Comfortable atmosphere and interview exchange. Panel of three (principal, team leader, instructional coach). Open-ended questions and potential scenarios were presented during the interview. The discussion of the open position did not include specific details; had said details been exposed, I would not have accepted the job. Now, I am seeking any kind of employment so I can get out. Communication at this school is poor at best.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pflugerville Independent School District (Austin, TX).

Interview

It was the typical process. i had a friend who referred me. The personnel department called and asked me to contact the Principal. The Principal asked me various questions about my teaching style, management style, plans for discipline. I met with the Department Head separately. We went through a similar process. I was hired.

Interview Questions

• What is your management style?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Pflugerville, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Pflugerville Independent School District (Pflugerville, TX).

Interview

I contacted a department chairperson at a particular campus first about a posted position, and they called me. The school administrators then set up an interview. As is common, an online application was also submitted.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I had ever taught at a "diverse" school.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiating teacher salaries in Texas.

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pflugerville, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pflugerville Independent School District (Pflugerville, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

You pass the background check and then you go to orientation and you've got the job. It's up to you when you work. Other than that you just have to bring you ID and SS card with you

Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pflugerville Independent School District in April 2017.

Interview

easy come in three people ask questions and then one writes and two stare at you, but it is not bad. They were very nice and friendly. The school is first class.

Interview Questions

• how you would teach, teaching style, challenges in classroom   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pflugerville Independent School District in July 2009.

Interview

Great interview. I think I got nervous about the questions.
    There were 3 people making questions about how I resolve problems with kids, parents and staff.
    I also had to explain about my technique with kids to help them with reading, math and science.
    They asked about lessons plan, what I expect from the Principal, from my Supervisor and from the school.