Pharmaceutical Product Development Assistant Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pharmaceutical Product Development Assistant Scientist Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development (Bothell, WA).

Interview

Seemingly typical interview process, with an initial phone screening followed by an in person interview. The in-person interview was in panel format, with three employees, consisting of one manager and senior employees. The interview itself was most behavioral question based, nothing really technical at all. After the interview was over I got a phone call within the week with an offer which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions, not many technical questions. Something like "Recount an instance where you had to work through adversity."   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Pharmaceutical Product Development

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development (Madison, WI) in June 2017.

Interview

Really easy interviews, but long. 3 interviews with 3 different groups/people. Everything's behavior based, super open to using whatever experiences you'd like. Maybe I got lucky, but all of my interviewers were pretty decent at letting it turn into a conversation instead of being super hoity toity about the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make a big decision without your supervisor/manager.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development (Madison, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

A HR reached out to me,Honestly I was flattered,We have been contact through emails and try to set up a phone interview time.After We finally set up a time because the holiday off, We set up 8:30 am this morning.I got ready at 8 am and start waiting..no phone calls coming after 8:40. At 8:50 I got an email the HR said the position has been filled so he has to cancel our phone interview. So your position got filled right in that 20 mins while I am waiting for the phone interview.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development (Richmond, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted via email and phone in order to set up a time for a phone screening. I did so and spoke on the phone at the determined time with an HR Specialist for about 30 minutes about my interests and experience before setting up an in-person interview. The in-person interview consisted of meetings with three different Group Leaders in the department for the position I applied to. They first discussed my resume and qualifications before asking me behavioral questions they were required to ask. I was also given a tour of the department in which I would be working.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in one of your past positions in which you knew something was wrong and how you addressed the problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development (Madison, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position online. A recruiter reached out to me via email, followed by a quick phone call to help schedule an onsite interview and to determine which lab I would interview for. The onsite interview took less than an hour. It consisted of a set of one-on-one questions with two different people.

Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development (Bothell, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was very simple. I filled out all the information in the standard PPD application including my resume, cover letter, and contact info. After submitting the application, a recruiter called a talked with me about the company, my experience, and interests. Then they sent the application along to the hiring manager at the working location. In a week or two, I got an email asking for an on site interview. The interview consisted of basic questions about my personality geared towards seeing how I would fit in with the team. It took about 40 minutes, and then I got a tour of the facility.

Assistant Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development.

Interview

The interview was relatively standard for the industry. Meet with three different interviewers, all very nice. All attempted to gauge my abilities in the role with several technical and behavioral questions. Nothing too in depth on the technical side, but general knowledge of techniques the job would require is important. Ability to relate past experiences to growth as a scientist significant.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the work you performed in your previous research position?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any experience with immunochemistry techniques common in lab?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Middleton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development (Middleton, WI).

Interview

First there was a phone interview with recruiter, then an on-site interview. I participated in three one on one sessions with three different group leaders, each session totaling about 30-45 minutes. I was asked several questions in STAR format from each interviewer. The interview wasn't all that bad, but seemed excessive for an entry level position.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to make a tough decision without the help of your supervisor? Describe the situation, what you were trying to accomplish, what you did, and what you learned from this...how did your supervisor respond...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development (Richmond, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone screening that lasted about 30 minutes. An on-site was set up a couple days later. I interviewed with 4 different people, each interview lasting 30 minutes. The first two interviewers asked behavioral questions. The last two interviewers asked me technical questions and went over my resume. I was given a tour of the facility after my fourth interview. All of the interviewers were friendly and were not intimidating.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you saw a co-worker doing something wrong. What did you do?   Answer Question

Assistant Scientist Interview

Interview

four people, multiple question. low stress, asked multipe questions and you had to answer. nothing special. went over resume etc. lasted about 35 min. Most of te people interviewing will be your bosses/ leaders

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a team member needed help but you had deadlines of your own?   Answer Question