Pharmaceutical Product Development Associate Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pharmaceutical Product Development Associate Scientist Interview Questions

Updated Apr 1, 2017

2.7

Associate Scientist Interview

Interview

Easy process. Presented slides to manager at client site. The PPD manager did not understand the material, and was there mainly for HR/information puproses. Client site manager was nice and understood

Interview Questions

• How might you have reran this project to get the same conclusions faster?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Pharmaceutical Product Development

Associate Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development.

Interview

Applied and heard back from HR two months later. Interviewed with HR first. Two weeks later had an on-site interview which consisted of face-to-face meeting with three people from the department. A week after had a conference phone interview with the managers of the department and the client.

Anonymous Employee in Middleton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development (Middleton, WI).

Interview

I had a phone interview thay was about 30 mins long. Then the in person interview was with 3 people 30mins each. They were very specific about exactly 30mins. They were generic questions off of a sample sheet. Most of the questions were very similar.

Things they asked about:
    Hplc experience
    Method development

Interview Questions

• What do you do to get through tedious tasks?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I got 50 cents more per hour for 2 years experience in lab

Associate Scientist Interview

Interview

It was fairly straightforward, but there was a recruiter doing the hiring, so they didn't really know what they were talking about. You are interviewed by both the company and the recruiters. Such is the life of a scientist looking for work; people who studied management and human resources are rarely equipped with the knowledge to conduct a proper interview about scientific research. Also the position is temp to permanent.

Interview Questions

• What is (some process that you will conduct, which varies by department, basically just know your science)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development (King of Prussia, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

-Applied online
    -HR Manager called a week later for a brief phone interview
    -Set up an onsite interview at the clients location (Philadelphia, PA)
    -Interviewed with the Team Leader and Assistant Team Leader from PPD
    -Interviewed with Team Manager (employed by the client)
    -2 weeks before job offer was made

Interview Questions

• - Describe a stressful situation in the work environment and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question
    • - Describe a time where you failed to meet a deadline and what measures you took to correct it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development (Wayne, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

The whole process took about a month. It took 2 weeks to get back tome about my resume and then 2 weeks for them to get back to me about the interview. They didn't really ask too many questions, it was more of them describing what the position was going to be.

Anonymous Employee in Middleton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development (Middleton, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online on March 25, I was emailed by an HR recruiter on March 27, and was asked to set up a time to discuss the position in more detail, phone screen was on April 2. The phone screen talked briefly about the position and company, and asked a little about my background, call lasted about 10 minutes or so. An onsite interview was scheduled for April 9th. I got an offer on April 14.

At the onsite interview, I met with 4 people, first was a lab manager, second was someone who reports to the lab manager, third and fourth people I'm not sure. First three people asked STAR style questions, none were too hard, and the interviewers were nice and I did not feel intimidated at all. A lot of the questions were behavioral. Each one on one interview lasted about 30 to 45 minutes. Know your resume, and be prepared to give experiences from your professional job rather than academic experience. Total interview was about 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you saw something that wasn't done correctly, and the steps you took to correct it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They gave me the offer of $16.00 an hour, I did not negotiate, it's possible there is room to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development (Madison, WI) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview process is very structured and questions are broad. All questions are from a targeted selection handbook that they cannot deviate from very much. I met with 3 different people of various levels and they each asked me 3 questions from the handbook and took notes. Some of the questions overlapped.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you did not meet a customers expectations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development (Madison, WI) in October 2014.

Interview

I met with a variety of upper management roles to discuss my background, as well as my prospects and goals both inside and outside of the company. There was a brief tour around the facility at my request, during which I was given more details about the nature of the work, which is fairly difficult to explain in an interview setting.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No real negotiation. I could either accept the offer or not.

Associate Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development.

Interview

Applied online, contacted about phone screen two days later. On-site interview a week later consisted of three one on one 45 min interviews with group leaders and laboratory managers. Offered the job one week later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. $16/hr for all associate scientist positions.